Replacement for radiator in 1966 dart gt

-

maldridgeks

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello. Sadly I need to replace the stock radiator in my 1966 dodge dart gt. Car has the 273 Charger and was originally an AC car. Are there recommendations on particular radiator? Do any bolt in such that I can retain stock fan & shroud? Thank you.

When I did the last 66’ formula S I tried a few aluminum units and all fit bit the rad cap did not clear the hood. So I took the factory one and had it recore with oval tubes. Way better cooling (even with ac on a hot day) and I like the factory look. Sadly it was like $700 here in CT.

Recore. Call us radiator and tell them what you need and the cooling needs.

I imagine they can build you a core or might even be able to take your top & bottom tanks and side straps and build you one.

Or buy one of their oe style replacements.

When I did the last 66’ formula S I tried a few aluminum units and all fit bit the rad cap did not clear the hood. So I took the factory one and had it recore with oval tubes. Way better cooling (even with ac on a hot day) and I like the factory look. Sadly it was like $700 here in CT.

Same price in SC.

Don't forget Glen Ray in Wausau, Wisconsin. He is the best. Recore your old radiator, you won't be disappointed.

No doubt. ANd it will be correct and like new.

Well maybe! Bob dropped off my 273 factory radiator and he had built it backwards! He came back by the next morning before heading to spring fling and took it back and fixed it. Shipped it at no cost. He does not do many of these early ones!

Hello. Sadly I need to replace the stock radiator in my 1966 dodge dart gt. Car has the 273 Charger and was originally an AC car. Are there recommendations on particular radiator? Do any bolt in such that I can retain stock fan & shroud? Thank you.

At the very least call GlenRay and see if Bob wants the core if you go any other way. Early v8 radiators are scarce.

I bought the whole radiator from him. Looked better than when it was new. Three row core, new correct cap, brass trans fittings, and radiator mount bolts and same for a shroud. Top notch.

-
Back