Replacement vinyl top - Supplier?

-

DJC

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any opinions on where to buy a vinyl top? Legendary and Dante's both offer one for $145, plus shipping to Canada. There is a supplier IN Canada that I can get one from, they offer one at the same price as well as another that is about $100 more - and they say it's `better quality'. I don't mind paying for `better quality' if there's value in it, but that's the first I've heard of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi All,

Any opinions on where to buy a vinyl top? Legendary and Dante's both offer one for $145, plus shipping to Canada. There is a supplier IN Canada that I can get one from, they offer one at the same price as well as another that is about $100 more - and they say it's `better quality'. I don't mind paying for `better quality' if there's value in it, but that's the first I've heard of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Interesting... I would have thought that any shop in Canada would be automatically ordering from the US. They should be able to tell you the quality difference. And if you're doing the install yourself...Apparently its quite the chore so anything that makes the install easier quality wise is defiantly worth the $100. :cheers:

You get what you pay for. I would think the shipping from the US to Canada is going to eat up most of the extra 100 anyway. Have you checked the shipping? How about time to get it?

Legendary and Dantes as far as I know have quality stuff as well. Also customer support is a big issue too, which one offers the best?

I got the top for my Dart from Legendary.. I am more than happy with it.. Great quality, fast shipping.. I would recommend getting it from them.. but thats just my .02

If you are going to have someone install it ask them. When I asked for a labor quote the shop I used said they could make one for me. Turned out great and was cheaper than buying the top and paying labor.

Attachments

• top 1 (5).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 343
  • top 2 (4).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 368
Gonna tackle it myself. Found a supplier in Canada (saving on shipping and broker fees) that makes them custom to order - NOS Reproductions - recommended buy a member here.

If you are going to have someone install it ask them. When I asked for a labor quote the shop I used said they could make one for me. Turned out great and was cheaper than buying the top and paying labor.
thanks for reminding me...

I'm probably going to put the black vinyl top back on my car, and the guy who covered my buckets said he could make a roof for me...forgot all about it until I read your post.

I believe mine was from Legendary, bought it new from a friend for $50. He didn't need the top and was cleaning out his garage. He also threw in a huge box of Mopar Small Block & Big Block Gaskets & Bearings (still in the package/plastic)

It was for a Scamp/Swinger but I cut it to fit my '74 Duster since it was so cheap.

SANY0110.jpg

SANY0109.jpg

Turned out great, looked sharp too. Took 2 people (Myself and my dad) to install it though, it would be pretty much impossible to install one solo and have it turn out great.

I believe mine was from Legendary, bought it new from a friend for $50. He didn't need the top and was cleaning out his garage. He also threw in a huge box of Mopar Small Block & Big Block Gaskets & Bearings (still in the package/plastic)

It was for a Scamp/Swinger but I cut it to fit my '74 Duster since it was so cheap.

SANY0110.jpg

SANY0109.jpg

Turned out great, looked sharp too. Took 2 people (Myself and my dad) to install it though, it would be pretty much impossible to install one solo and have it turn out great.

Nice, wish I had a friend like that around.:toothy5:

Dgibby, what did that run you? How did they mount the sail panel emblem?

Sorry, I missed your question. Paid 350 parts and labor for it. Mounted emblems from the inside. My headliner was out so it was no problem.

-
Back