Replacing single bowl master cylinder question

-

66 Valiant Paul

Reaction score
I am getting ready to change my master cylinder to a double bowl instead of a single. I have drums all the way around. Will I need a proportioning valve, or can I take the rear line off my block and go right to the master cylinder, then plug the block where the rear brake line was then the fronts would to the other bowl of the master cylinder?
I didn't think I would need one with drums all the way around just not sure.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Just replumb.............no prop valve needed.. Rear port normally goes to front brakes.

i have a 65 valiant that i am doing the same exact thing to this weekend. i have the wilwood adjustable prop. valve in the picture below. i cut all the lines outta the car front to rear and will be starting over. i am using a master outta a 93 dodge shadow. 7/8' bore and aluminum body. only cost me $35 brand new on amazon.

dorman part #m39736

21wyPhYlaoL.jpg

images

Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valves 260-11179

$78 AT SUMMIT RACING.

This gets asked and answered a lot, so use "search". Many posts w/ part numbers. As stated, No prop valve needed, just plumbing. You will need a few special adapters which you can get at Autozone. Ex. note that the top port of your distribution block is 1/4" inverted flare, not 3/16".

-
Back