Replacing the fuseable link!

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing the fuseable link and doing other changes to my bulkhead connector. I blew my fuseable link a couple of weeks ago and contacted Evans Wiring to replace it among some other things. I noticed that the back end of the new fuseable link opposite from bulkhead connection has the correct looking black plastic female end. What is different is the black plastic male end that slides into the female connection. it is designed slightly different than what was on the car. When I put the two together I can pull the connection apart it doesn't seem to lock together. Previously the old male connection had a raised up tab which caught on a groove in the female end of the link. I took a picture of the new connection. Is it safe to leave like this or should I replace the male connection with correct black plastic connection. Contact Evans Wiring? Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Carl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 132
Yeah, it needs to be positively retained; you don't want a hot wire coming loose. Have you tired flipping over the male to see if it catches? (Just a wild attempt to make it work...) I guess I would first call the supplier, Evans, about this and ask, unless you have a different male end to use. The issue with changing the male end contact is likley to have the right crimping tool; it has to be a good crimp to carry the current. Or you can solder it; just be sure to support the wire behind the solder, and clean out the residual flux with alcohol when you are done.

-
Back