Repop steering column electrical connector.

-

Clelan

Inferno Red Duster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found repop steering column electrical connectors? Not the crimps but the plastic part. I have searched and cannot find them.

Cley

What year(s) are you looking for? Main harness or turn signal switch?

I have seen them somewhere...try rock auto? On my 67 cuda I think there are 2 unused holes?
Can I ask how do you remove those style terminals from these connectors?

What year(s) are you looking for? Main harness or turn signal switch?

It's for a 74 Duster. I mostly need the harness side of the key switch harness but I'd take both sides of both steering column connectors if I could get them. I've found aftermarket but I was hoping for factory.

Cley

Tell us which wire melted down in that connector. We can try to determine why and what to do to prevent it happening again. A new ignition switch will include a new male side connector but... Aftermarket replacements often have a extra small black wire in a wrong position. I've found simple solution is cut the orange wire out of both connectors and make it up beside with male and female spade terminals. Leave that extra wire to dead end where it is.

Nothing melted. It just got very brittle and caused the connectors to push through the plastic so they make crappy connection. If I could just find the plastic part that would be great.

Cley

Nothing melted. It just got very brittle and caused the connectors to push through the plastic so they make crappy connection. If I could just find the plastic part that would be great.

Cley

I have the plastic side, you'll just have to de pin it. I re wired my car with an EZ wire kit and used Delphi connectors for the Ign and ts switch.

The switch side is fairly new, but the harness side is original. PM your address and I'll mail them to you.

I added my own snap in connectors on mine. Easier to source than the OEM setup

-
Back