Repopped 69 barracuda headlight rings gauging interest

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I am talking with somebody who is willing to 3D print repop the 69 barracuda headlight rings. These would require final finishing and paint by the end user. He is sending me a sample piece of the material to experiment with sanding, different primers, paint, adhesion etc. It would be up to the end user to final finish and paint them. Would there be any interest in these? He would like to use my originals as models to scan for the 3D file to make them. If not enough interest, or the plastic does not work well with sanding, primer and paint then it's a no go. Just gauging weather or not to move forward on this project.

Please reply here
Matt

I am talking with somebody who is willing to 3D print repop the 69 barracuda headlight rings. These would require final finishing and paint by the end user. He is sending me a sample piece of the material to experiment with sanding, different primers, paint, adhesion etc. It would be up to the end user to final finish and paint them. Would there be any interest in these? He would like to use my originals as models to scan for the 3D file to make them. If not enough interest, or the plastic does not work well with sanding, primer and paint then it's a no go. Just gauging weather or not to move forward on this project.

Please reply here
Matt

Mine were ok! No interest for me! Thanks for posting this though!!!

I have three NOS sets because I never thought they would ever be reproduced. I’m good for a lifetime.

I'm curious about the process. Is he using one of the new 3D printers? If so, he can make many parts I'm interested in. Paul.

Yes modern 3D printer. He currently makes these

Screenshot_20211113-055926_Samsung Internet.jpg

received_1536198593431502.jpeg

I have a friend that would be interested in 69 Barracuda headlamp rings. Too hard to find and even guys who redo grills won't sell you a set unless you have those. Check out what used ones go for if you can find them, let alone NOS. Post a link to the keychains? Too cool.

If somebody has a bare slant 6 engine block he could scan, he would do them as keychains, fridge magnets, and christmas ornaments too.

-
Back