reproduction drip rail trim for 68 notch

-
I know of no current reproduction drip rail trim for fast or notch. I spoke to AMD rep at mats in vegas, he said they have no future plans for any additional parts for reproduction which was a bummer to hear especially for us 2nd gen 'cuda folks. If you're looking for some I would try sending a PM (private message) to barracudakid or woody30 they might have some in their stockpile.

I got the repo trim on the other day, It fit good the trim is about 1/4inch longer at the botton were it curves. They could have put that 1/4 inch at the top end the corner peice just covered it

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 005.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 006.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 007.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 008.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 126
I got the repo trim on the other day, It fit good the trim is about 1/4inch longer at the botton were it curves. They could have put that 1/4 inch at the top end the corner peice just covered it

Very Cool.

Looks a little less curved on the end. Maybe that's where the length is coming from. I had to go out to my car and stare at it to see the difference. Certainly not a real big deal.

To polish a non dented pair would take me 2-3 hours or so of wet sanding levels and buffing levels. And a little tricky and dangerous polishing thin strips of stainless like that.

Common dents are very accessible from the inside to fix but still take time. Harder to fix are the tweaked ones from someone removing them from the car incorrectly and/or impatiently. Many times you see a nice used piece but with a hundred little ding marks on the bottom lip that someone did not carefully and skillfully remove from the donor car. And sometimes they just don't come off clean no matter what you do.

I can see a professional place charging around $200 to professionally polish and take out some dings. Krinkled or crunched pieces would be $200 and beyond.

You could sell you old pieces to someone with the skills and 3-4 hours time to fix them for their own car. Would help offset the $200 cost of new ones.

I wouldn't be paying anywhere near $200 for used originals unless no dents, proven to be relatively scratch and sanded proof, and the bottom clip-lip is proven hardly disturbed.

-
Back