Rescue Mission- '71 Dart GT saved from the scrappers!

-
Thought I did. #-o Lemme try this again!

phpGi3QBDPM1.jpg

Ah ha!
That guy contacted me for a price for them!
I told him the missing backs really knocked the value down.
Hope ya got a good deal on them.

Later,
Bruce B.

72blu, I've been meaning to tell you this but kept forgetting until now. When the butterscotch '71 was on ebay, we were the last two bidding against each other. Of course, I didn't know that was you at the time. I wanted to have a twin to our '71 butterscotch Dart but am glad it went to a good home. Here's ours:

IMG_4912 copy.jpg

IMG_4926 copy.jpg

72blu, I've been meaning to tell you this but kept forgetting until now. When the butterscotch '71 was on ebay, we were the last two bidding against each other. Of course, I didn't know that was you at the time. I wanted to have a twin to our '71 butterscotch Dart but am glad it went to a good home. Here's ours:

Good looking Dart, GTX. Interesting combination with the hubcaps and body-matching painted wheels.

Bruce-I did get a really good deal on them, especially considering I got the seat tracks with them. The seat backs I'll worry about later. I didn't really look, are they the same as the e-body backs or am I looking for something GT specific again?

Funny thing is the guy that owned them had a thread going on cuda-challenger, somehow I managed to miss the thread but found the ad on craigslist. Didn't even know I was going to meet another forum member until I got there! Even more coincidental is the fact he only live a few hours from me.

Ben- you were?! That's just too funny. Well I'm glad you didn't go any higher, I was at my self-imposed limit! :-D Although honestly, the butterscotch GT is in really good shape. Not sure I've seen one so clean and rust free. But it definitely has a lot of dents, and I've already posted that the "blown head gasket" turned out to be a blown head gasket, a bunch of bent valves, and now a flat cam. Thinking its 184k original miles and not 84k. But that's alright! If I hadn't gotten it I might not have bought the bronze GT, wouldn't have known anything about it if I hadn't already done the research. BTW, that's a nice looking swinger, really is a twin to the GT, looks to have almost all the same options as far as color and trim go.

Good looking Dart, GTX. Interesting combination with the hubcaps and body-matching painted wheels.

Thanks. The wheels were originally black with full caps on them but I wanted them body color with dog dishes. I went to Coach Color and they matched up a pint for me and I sprayed them and cleared them shortly after.

Nice Dart Ben! Love that butterscotch color too.

That makes two of us.

Ben- you were?! That's just too funny. Well I'm glad you didn't go any higher, I was at my self-imposed limit! :-D Although honestly, the butterscotch GT is in really good shape. Not sure I've seen one so clean and rust free. But it definitely has a lot of dents, and I've already posted that the "blown head gasket" turned out to be a blown head gasket, a bunch of bent valves, and now a flat cam. Thinking its 184k original miles and not 84k. But that's alright! If I hadn't gotten it I might not have bought the bronze GT, wouldn't have known anything about it if I hadn't already done the research. BTW, that's a nice looking swinger, really is a twin to the GT, looks to have almost all the same options as far as color and trim go.

I was kind of at my limit as well. I was going to make one more bid on it but decided not to. If you ever decide to part with it, please let me know. BTW: Sorry to semi-hijack your thread.

-
Back