Resources for building wire harness

-

zakimodo

Reaction score
Hi All

A little background to my request. I recently inherited a fairly untouched 56 ford F100. Sometime in the mid 80's this pickup had an electrical fire in the headlight circuit. The wiring was hacked back together and then never properly fixed. Fast forward to today, the headlights are no longer working.

I would like to keep this pickup as original as possible and cant seem to locate an OE replacement wire harness. I am fairly confident I can source all the needed connectors, but am curious what resources may exist to get wire gauge, color, length details. He existing harness is poor enough shape that I don't think it will make a good template.

Can always go with a aftermarket and just rewire the while thing, I went with EZ wiring kit. Figure all the wires are that old and just out all brand new stuff in, all works are labels every couple inches, or a painless kit. Just my .02

I just did a Google search and got dozens of hits for Aftermarket and used OEM harnesses. If you have the skill, Make your own. Use a wire diagram to determine wire gauges. I did it for a 65 Corvette I restored about 35 years ago, and it worked fine.

Last edited:
-
Back