Restart the rebuild

-
The crazy thing is I started on the heads Monday evening and on Wednesday someone else brought in another set of 302 heads…I walked into the shop and was wondering why my heads were so dirty… but they were not mine

Nice work! Yeah Max was a huge help, **** snowballs quick when yer an impulse buyer like me...."SFT for sale? YEP!! Screw the specs I'll take it!" Lol
You don’t know impulse….in the last month I bought another square body 4x4 ( 76 Canadian military 5quad ) and another OBS Chevy…same year and colour as the one I have just in regular cab not extended….

Young lad dropped over to gimme a hand tidying up loose ends to 1st fireup. A couple small water leaks and rad puked some water(no stat and cap off). Wasn't SMOOTH sailing. Must've done something right we had a female neighbour over bitching lol.:thumbsup::lol:

Young lad dropped over to gimme a hand tidying up loose ends to 1st fireup. A couple small water leaks and rad puked some water(no stat and cap off). Wasn't SMOOTH sailing. Must've done something right we had a female neighbour over bitching lol.:thumbsup::lol:

There is simply no finer compliment on a fresh rebuild than some “Karen” swinging by and complaining it is to loud!

Lmao, thanks that's what I told the young lad. He was going for more water and she said to him we're inconsiderate and it shook her floors lol. I told him we did something right then :steering:
There is simply no finer compliment on a fresh rebuild than some “Karen” swinging by and complaining it is to loud!

1715815170077.jpeg

Great work Steve :thumbsup: Satisfaction for a job well done!

Nice! Crank up the idle screw to about 2000 and play with the distributor until it smoothes out. Let the neighbor complain and run it for 20-30 min. She'll be good!

Thanks guys, yeah it was a bit of a gong show with water everywhere and a slight leak at fool pump. Gonna install stat and rtv tonight then let it set up till tomorrow. Dropped the oil and "coffee filtering" the oil to see what's in it before tomorrow.
I forgot.to hook up coil wire for tach, you can see me getting a lifter trying to hook it up lol

Thanks guys, yeah it was a bit of a gong show with water everywhere and a slight leak at fool pump. Gonna install stat and rtv tonight then let it set up till tomorrow. Dropped the oil and "coffee filtering" the oil to see what's in it before tomorrow.
I forgot.to hook up coil wire for tach, you can see me getting a lifter trying to hook it up lol
:lol:I saw that......But I didn't want to be the guy who said it!

If it was during the day, tell her to drag her *** back home!!!

Yep 4 in the afternoon. I found out last year there's no time limit/restraint on noise lol. Dumb broad stood at the *** end of exhaust outside shop and was getting fumigated lol.
If it was during the day, tell her to drag her *** back home!!!

So 2nd startup, but gets hot like a ****...120*C. New 180 Tstat installed, checked in pot of boiling water.
Timing with all unhooked approx 30* at 2300.
Here's video, had to cut short due to heat. Lots of oil psi, around 80.
Not sure why it's overheating??

Yep 4 in the afternoon. I found out last year there's no time limit/restraint on noise lol. Dumb broad stood at the *** end of exhaust outside shop and was getting fumigated lol.
Once it's past 10:00 pm on a week day it's time to shut things down and no later than midnight on the weekends. I know first hand what it's like when someone revs up their car or boat after 10pm on a week day, it's hard for those who have to get up in the morning to get sleep with someone doing that. I have told rowdy neighbors that I would call the cops on them for disturbing the peace after 10pm.

:BangHead:
Once it's past 10:00 pm on a week day it's time to shut things down and no later than midnight on the weekends. I know first hand what it's like when someone revs up their car or boat after 10pm on a week day, it's hard for those who have to get up in the morning to get sleep with someone doing that. I have told rowdy neighbors that I would call the cops on them for disturbing the peace after 10pm.

Steve - how hot did it get??? it's possible that you have air trapped in the block that just isn't making its way out. can you see the water circulating in the radiator? While it's cold you might crack the two block drains for a bit and then pour the coolant back in the radiator.

-
Back