Restart the rebuild

-
Ill shut things down when i feel like it or when the cops ASK me too. Don't come here telling me how to be a good neighbour dickhead. Have u got a fn concussion? I feel bad sometimes about how i tespond to you but you are absolutely too much. Did you forget to put your helmet on before you started typing....
I'm surprised u even know what a car is.....
Once it's past 10:00 pm on a week day it's time to shut things down and no later than midnight on the weekends. I know first hand what it's like when someone revs up their car or boat after 10pm on a week day, it's hard for those who have to get up in the morning to get sleep with someone doing that. I have told rowdy neighbors that I would call the cops on them for disturbing the peace after 10pm.

I never even thought of that lol. Pretty sure I didn't but I'll chk after work.:thumbsup:
Just watched your start-up video #2 and have a stupid question:

You didn’t mount up your fan backwards, did you?

Ashamed to admit I’ve done that very thing, figured I’d toss that out there.

Just watched your start-up video #2 and have a stupid question:

You didn’t mount up your fan backwards, did you?

Ashamed to admit I’ve done that very thing, figured I’d toss that out there.
That was may first impression, a lot of sideways air coming out of there and not much going back.
20240518_094521.jpg

The fan in that pick isn't going to pull much air through the radiator without a shroud in place and installed at the right depth within it.

The fan in that pick isn't going to pull much air through the radiator without a shroud in place and installed at the right depth within it.
Works just fine in 100 FL weather!

I posted the photo as reference for the fan install.

Last edited:
Put that electric floor fan in front of/pointing at the rad...not much air going though the rad at that location.

Also, I don't hear much lifter chatter...could your rockers be a bit tight?...that can cause overheating as well.

Just my thoughts, bud...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
That engine sounds great Steve. Maybe an air lock? I poured my antifreeze into the engine with a tea spoon when I first filled it......Worried about the air lock. I've had damn geysers out of the rad before.

Thanks Troy, I filled block 1st thru the hose connecting 2 nipples on engine, then topped up rad. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of things. The shitty pedestal fan being the major contributor. Engine fan was on backwards also but was in car same way for years.
TTI eta is Friday! :thumbsup:
That engine sounds great Steve. Maybe an air lock? I poured my antifreeze into the engine with a tea spoon when I first filled it......Worried about the air lock. I've had damn geysers out of the rad before.

Not sure why....brain fart, but I thought I posted latest breakin video?
Gotta get inner springs installed and one more test run, then I'll work on pulling the 273 and get this installed.
Thanks all

Nothing exciting, inner springs installed and set reset valves at 0.022.
A little too late to fire it up again:rolleyes: so that will have to wait till tomorrow.

-
Back