3   0   0
Contact seller
1 set 71+ A,B,E complete, restored with ignition, key and wiring-$100.00

1 set 70 only A,B,E complete, restored with ignition, key and wiring-$125.00

All prices are plus shipping.

If interested PM Joe through the site.

71collars.jpg

70collars.jpg

Alright...I got the collar. Bad news though....

Now I've got a new project...dang you Joe! I've got to take my perfectly working steering column apart (original column shifter car...PO made it a floor shifter)...DANG IT! I truly hate touching something if it ain't broke already! (well I've never have done a column...so nervous too.)

BTW Joe did a great job restoring the column....Mahalo Buddy.

Oh...I haven't torn it apart yet (Collar)...but is the bearing new? If not...any idea were to get one?

The best way to replace the collar...I'll assume is remove the complete column...right?

Aloha Mike

Hi Mike,

I am glad you like the collars.

The bearing is used but is usable. You can reuse the bearing from your column shift collars if it is in good shape. New ones are out there but they are pricey.

The easiest way to change the collars is to remove the column. It can be done in the car but it is more difficult.

Pull the wheel, disconnect the wiring, the column and remove the column. Unbolt the TS switch and pull it out of the way. Next remove the snap ring on the shaft at the base of the top collar. Remove the 3 screws securing the top collar to the mid collar. Replace the wheel nut until it is flush with the top of the shaft. Hold the column firmly and wack the shaft with a rubber mallet to free the bearing from the shaft. This will free the upper collar. Next remove the column lock and ignition switch and ignition lock. The lock collar is removed by removing the sleeve around the center of the collar. This will reveal a pin that must be removed. After the pin is removed slide the collar off the shaft and then remove the screws holding the mid collar to the bottom collar and the mid collar will come off. Then the lower collar is unscrewed and you are done. Reverse these steps to reinstall floorshift collars.

Joe

Alright...I got the collar. Bad news though....

Now I've got a new project...dang you Joe! I've got to take my perfectly working steering column apart (original column shifter car...PO made it a floor shifter)...DANG IT! I truly hate touching something if it ain't broke already! (well I've never have done a column...so nervous too.)

BTW Joe did a great job restoring the column....Mahalo Buddy.

Oh...I haven't torn it apart yet (Collar)...but is the bearing new? If not...any idea were to get one?

The best way to replace the collar...I'll assume is remove the complete column...right?

Aloha Mike

If I may I just did this conversion on My Dart .Not too bad really .You'll need a few special tools like a small pair of snap ring pliers,drift pin or punch and a lot of patience.I recomend laying it all out on a tarp in the order you remove each piece.Makes re-assembly that much easier.PM me if you have any ?'s I took a few pics of the more difficult steps.most people get hung up on the lock plate they are pinnned on the shaft and the pin is obscured by a security ring .good luck,Joe

Mahalo guys..that helps. I also have a service manual...so i can refer to that too!

Aloha Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back