Retard builds a LSD inspired GTX, then installs 348 Chevrobolt--and with a NASCAR 2nd GEAR!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score

1968 Plymouth GTX Show Car "Thumper" - $105,000 (Tacoma)​

Thumper is a real GTX. I created it in the 1980's under the ISCA Rule Book. It was designed to run for points in the nation. Sadly, when it was finished ISCA at that time was no longer in existence. The car was moth balled for 20 years. In 2003 we statred to finally show "Thumper". Even though the car looks time dated it is like brand new other then there is finally issues with the paint. After 40+ years now there is some checking and a problem with the gold leaf lettering. All the mural work is in tacked. For the younger generation this car is a huge draw.

Below you will find the major modifications I made.
Custom full frame (consultation by Art Morrison)
Velvet blue interior (by Bob Jasper)
Paint and mural done by JR(Milt) Nelson and Gary Thompson
All Corvette independent suspension
1963 348/409 with a 671 blower (Less then 2000 miles on it)
Muncie M22 rock crusher with a Nascar 2nd gear in it
Rear end Corvette 456 with duel Carrera shocks
All aviation aluminum floor
Corvette telescopic steering
Cadillac electric glass sunroof
Monte Carlo swivel bucket seats
AM FM CD Player
Dash board, console and package tray are made out of stained glass lit.

Murals are:
Drivers side is "Thumper" playing in the fall
Passanger's side is "Thumper" playing in the winter
Trunk lid is a huge picture of "Thumper"

It took me 3 years to build "Thumper". If you were to build it today it would cost over $300,000 and long time to build.

00000_aQzlQAjSXtm_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_9N8HH0p8nTo_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

00808_chnDTSOepIz_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

It's hideous. Absolutely hideous. Having said that, it APPEARS that his execution is very good! Still absolutely hideous.

Gonna take some serious negotiating to make the deal make any sense...
If you bought it for 5K, remove & sell all the running gear to recoup your investment... :lol:

i was expecting a "street freak" custom which usually looks cool, BBS type wheels look totally out of place. Vette rear had to be a bunch of work.

Last edited:
Why a Chevy engine in a mopar? Just my opinion but the interior color clashes with the red/white exterior color and the rest of the interior was done in poor taste.Air brush work took talent

To be perfectly honest, I don't like the car. The seats remind me of living room furniture, the air brush work belongs on a van that's ready for the beach.

Not my cup of tea, but certainly unique. Not hideous. Strange is a better description. Decades ago I saw an AC Cobra with a 440 in it. I thought it was cool. Ford guys likely hated it.

its ugly but i cant stop looking at it...kinda like broke back mountian.also the guy doesn't know where to use than and then

I was expecting far-out deep metalflake paint and Cragars with fat tires, not a Bob Ross-inspired wooded lakeside mural and gold BBS's. Idk what that is but I wouldn't call it LSD inspired lmao, that would actually be cool.

What's the point of calling it a "real GTX" anyway?

Not my cup of tea, but certainly unique. Not hideous. Strange is a better description. Decades ago I saw an AC Cobra with a 440 in it. I thought it was cool. Ford guys likely hated it.
WAY back, when I was at Indy for the Mopar Nats there was an AC replica with a 440-6 in it. Bright orange, red. I have a snapshot, "someplace." Also got to see one of the turbine cars "idle" around the parking area. Great big loud Kirby vacuum

I'm having a little trouble with the 348/409 thing. I wonder if he could let know if it is a 348 or a 409?
I think the custom full frame is giving it a 4 X 4 look which is why there are no good side pictures.

The bambi painting is "retarted" for sure.

Chevy stuff, well, that's very demo derbyesk.
Typical "hot rodding" I guess.

Stupid.

But, the rest isn't that bad.......

I see a $15k GTX shell ready to build, once you strip the unnecessay stuff off of it.

"If you were to build it today it would cost over $300,000 and long time to build."
This statement is very inaccurate.
What a waste of a good GTX.

It's a piece of ******* **** like a *******'80s turd van with a V6 and some horsey Cowboy scheme sticker across the side. Utter dog ****. Hope it gets side swiped by a Hyundai and the driveline Brakes in half and goes up his *** and out the top of his head. Cherry on top..lightening strikes him to an explosion of moronic meat chunk confetti.
May his tombstone be a toilet tank with a swirly straight down to his septic tank coffin

Just kiddin, to each their own

-
Back