Returning to my Duster after almost 15 years

-

Motoblag

Reaction score
I'm finally in a place in life where I can give my '71 Duster the attention it deserves!

ULTz2Ii.jpg

It's a '71 Duster, originally a 318/904, now a 340/4 speed. A bit rough from sitting too close to salt water for almost 15 years, but I've got a welder, cutting discs and an abundance of optimism.

Here's a video of it starting up after a carb rebuild, fresh plugs and a new battery: .

I've forgotten so much about Mopars, so I'll be doing lots of reading and asking silly questions.

Happy to see such an active forum here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and lets get going on the restoration. You have taken enough time off!!! Enjoy the site:coffee2:

Dave,

A bit rough from sitting too close to salt water for almost 15 years, but I've got a welder, cutting discs and an abundance of optimism.

That's funny, lol.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome, all!

Nice and welcome! Does it have a gear drive? Kind of sounds like it to me.

I'm told it does, but I've not actually checked! At some point in time I'll be pulling the motor and going over it, but not sure when that will be. I want to get it driveable again and register it down here in Oregon.

very cool. I'm thinking I would have more fun with a stockish build and a 4 speed. Keep the post coming!

I guess I'll start a thread in the member's restoration forum. Just changed the oil and filter and pulled the driver's side fender off for some inspection.

Welcome! I love this quote..shows you have a "can do" attitude!

..."I have..cutting discs and an abundance of optimism"
I'm finally in a place in life where I can give my '71 Duster the attention it deserves!

ULTz2Ii.jpg

It's a '71 Duster, originally a 318/904, now a 340/4 speed. A bit rough from sitting too close to salt water for almost 15 years, but I've got a welder, cutting discs and an abundance of optimism.

Here's a video of it starting up after a carb rebuild, fresh plugs and a new battery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v81PfKtt1Rg .

I've forgotten so much about Mopars, so I'll be doing lots of reading and asking silly questions.

ULTz2Ii.jpg

Here's a video of it starting up after a carb rebuild, fresh plugs and a new battery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v81PfKtt1Rg .

Welcome, looks like a little plum purple under the hood.
Protect the grill, it is a highly sought after item.

-
Back