Rev Limiters?- MSD Soft Rev or Pertronix Digital Rev Limiter

-

684door

Reaction score
I have a stock Mopar electronic ignition setup on my 383. It runs well, but I plan on taking it to the track and with a speed worry about a missed shift. I currently have an orange box, stock coil, stock electronic distributor, and an electronic voltage regulator. I looked at the MSD soft rev and the pertronix digital rev limiter, but have no experience with either. I have read that the MSD wiring instructions are incorrect on their website and instruction manual. If you have either, please let me know your thoughts and PLEASE, PLEASE tell me how you wired them to work. Thanks in advance.

I would go with a REV-N-ATOR box if it was me....keep the stock look.... :popcorn:
I still would love to see a Dyno run in person, 20hp pickup sounds to good to be true.

I have an MSD 6AL, just plug in the chip you need for your RPM and your good to go.

I would use a revNator also. I'm not sure of the 20hp gain but my 408 stroker gained something with that brain box over stock. Dustin

The pertronix and soft rev are much cheaper 130 bucks each. That revonator is 250. I have been reading forums on the revonayor and some people have issues with it. Nervous to spend 250. I like the look but i will probably just mount one of the others inside the glove box

-
Back