Reverse manual valve body?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I have a manual valve body in my 904 now,is the reverse manual valve body were you shift down instead of up?Can these be use with a B&M Star shifter?Also is it true that transbrakes are hard on the tranny?Thanks for any help,as I,m trying to learn more about tranny setups.

http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Performance-Automatic-Shifters/StarShifter

It says It can not be used with a reverse valve body.

A transbrake is harder on the driveline...the brake will lock the trans in low and reverse at the same time...and went release will shock the drivetrain ...

i have been using a transbrake since 1993....in a 904. I have broke 2 ring gears, and one of those took out the spraq...now both car use transbrake. Outside of that I have not had any problems with breakage...knock on wood...

Lighter the car..easier it is on the drive train...

Yeah transbrakes are indeed harder on stuff.....but, they are consistantly more consistant. LOL

Can a transbrake be used with the manual valve body?I kind of feel stupid asking these questions,but am thinking about going transbrake,if it can be done at a low cost(with what I have already).

the transbrake is build into the valve body...

in otherwords...you will have to remove your exisisting valve body and replace it with a new valve body/transbrake.

The transbrake ain't a low dollar item that I've ever seen. Cause they include valve body and all. Cheapest I've seen um is a touch over five hundred bucks.

Good lord. Those are some good prices. Thanks for that.

http://www.gotranzact.com/valvebodies_page1.html

Joe makes several different brakes...

Call ....and make sure you tell him it is for a 904..plus whether you want low band applied or not also...
Thanks for the link Tony.Now I,m not sure about the low band applied?My 904 tranny has the lower first gear,red racing belts,blue clutches,changed out the drum yada,yada..is the low band to match with the lower first gear.I appreaciate the help with answers.

IMO, LBA is REALLY important with a 727 if you don't have a billet front drum, not so much with a 904.

I've got and had a couple of tranzact VB, mostly the bracket race jobs. Next one I get will be the pro race one.

What would the difference be Rob,between the bracket race and pro race?I,d like to get as much info before pulling the trigger.Those prices are Very reasonable.

with a 904 you dont need the LBA cause the drum is small and does not explose like a 727...

only other thing I would replace is the Single Wound Spring in the front drum with the 24 spring kit from A&A...or even Transzact.

the Pro Brake is very fast release....In order to use reverse the trans button must be pressed while in reverse...otherwise it is just like being in neutral...in fact..while in nuetral you press the button and it backs up which is how i use reverse

the Bracket Race Brake is not as fast as the Pro Brake and does not require the button use for reverse..

Call Mr. Joe Chrisman....at Tranzact...really nice guy will answer you questions for you

My understanding is that there are internal modifications to make also. Drilling a hole in the drum and some others. According to my tranny guy it is not a swap and go type of thing. At least on my 727.

Trans brake will add heat to the tranny while holding at the start line. Try to get it launched right away,no waiting for the other lane or it will start to slip,you'll roll through the beams and destage.Do you have a good (big) trans cooler?

-
Back