Reviving my 66 Plymouth Belvedere 2

-

Thirdeye00

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my first car which is a 66 Plymouth Belvedere back on the road. (I had it for 28 years) I decided to stick with the 2 bbl carburetor. What 2 bbl carb for a 273 is recommended? Any other suggestions for the car? Any certain plug/wires would best for the 273? etc. thanks

(A member from FBBO suggested I posted on FABO due that a lot of A bodies had 273 engines, etc)

IMG_20240418_142119.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

I'm trying to get my first car which is a 66 Plymouth Belvedere back on the road. (I had it for 28 years) I decided to stick with the 2 bbl carburetor. What 2 bbl carb for a 273 is recommended? Any other suggestions for the car? Any certain plug/wires would best for the 273? etc. thanks

(A member from FBBO suggested I posted on FABO due that a lot of A bodies had 273 engines, etc)

View attachment 1716238670

View attachment 1716238671

View attachment 1716238672
I would overhaul the original carb depending on what it looks like inside. You could send it away and have it professionally rebuilt as well. Plug wires? a good quality set. Check with your local NAPA store.

Master cylinder from your local parts store. or get the PN from them and look it up on Rock Auto.

If up grading, use either a drum master cylinder if you are using drum brakes of a drum/disc and a proportioning valve master cylinder. Make sure the components match.

Last edited:
-
Back