Ricer eat's 340 alive!!! beware

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
This ricer ate a 340 alive!!! Literally!!! beware if you pull up next to this thing(it won't be like shootin fish in a barrel)

zippyzx.JPG

zippy340.JPG

zippydodah.JPG

This reminds me of a car I saw in Parker Colorado a few years ago. It was a white Rampage set on a fabbed frame. 340, 904, 8-3/4 rear. Sometimes beauty IS deeper than the skin!

I Had Heard That You Could Drop A Small Blk Dodge Down In A 280z With No Problem, Guy In Kc Told Me He Had Seen It Done On 5 Cars Around There, Would Be Pretty Nasty,sneaky Sleeper......but What Rear End Does It Have?

My son's friend built this, RX7 with a tuned port small block Chevy, should be a 10 second car if he could get it to hook. I'm pretty sure it's the stock rear end and despite his best efforts he hasn't blown it up :-D That's me in it testing it out for size :-D

DSC01521.jpg

thats some sweet rice Rob ,your son does nice work. now if he had a 5.7 .......

My son's friend built this, RX7 with a tuned port small block Chevy, should be a 10 second car if he could get it to hook. I'm pretty sure it's the stock rear end and despite his best efforts he hasn't blown it up :-D That's me in it testing it out for size :-D

DSC01521.jpg

I only ask 'cause I saw one here blow a rear here at Bandimere. Hey! That rhymes, lol!

Awesome deer stalking woods BTW! :-D

A lot of Z cars ended up with SB Chevy engines around here. It must be an easy retro-fit. The power to weight ratio is crazy in those cars. Even if the engines are basically stockers, the cars go like hell.

I'm thinking that this would be ideal for that area: Stalk.....open sights......one shot kill....food...

zoom_1895.jpg

It has the stock rear in it with a 70 340,He's an old racer from back in the day and a machinist by trade,he does all of my machine work On my 340's and has for almost two decades,He is mopar all the way.his other car he was gonna use was way to rusty E Body and decided to do this since the price was right.

It has the stock rear in it with a 70 340,He's an old racer from back in the day and a machinist by trade,he does all of my machine work On my 340's and has for almost two decades,He is mopar all the way.his other car he was gonna use was way to rusty E Body and decided to do this since the price was right.

Makes sense. So, has he raced it on regular basis or is this street car? He would most defintely make some dough on the street amongst the uninitiated. :)

Awesome deer stalking woods BTW! :-D

Deer stalking? Why would you have to stalk them, they're right there in front of you, no stalking needed, like shooting fish in a barrell. :mrgreen: If you're into sport hunting you'd have to chase them away first. Those earlier pics are at the cabin, these ones with the deer are at my place in the city, oddly enough there's more deer there than at the cabin :scratch:

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

What a waste of a nice motor sticking it in something like that..:thumbdow::thumbdow:

What a waste of a nice motor sticking it in something like that..:thumbdow::thumbdow:

Actually as far as ricers go, the RX7 isn't a bad looking car and it's light, the power to weight ratio is pretty damn good. Not totally to my taste either but the small block makes it a lot more palatable :-D

Hot Rodding works on any internal combustion engine whether it's American Iron or Japanese! :)

I'm much more impressed when someone gets 10 second times out of a 2.0 liter 4cyl than shoe horning in 5.6 liters of V8.

was more of a waste sitting on the engine stand and then in the way too rusty e body that was missing too many parts,He's out cruising it this summer instead of the endless parts gathering he was doing,gotta hand it to him it rides and drives nice and get's up and goes!

The funny thing is that the 300 you see in the pic isn't nearly as fast as the 240Z cars with the V8 conversions. The 240Zs are the lightest and fastest by nature, followed by the 260Z, 280Z, 300...and so on. The newer the car, the better the ride, but the heavier the car.

The car pictured above has a pretty darn cool conversion I have not seen before. I like it.

To answer an earlier post, the Chrysler LA V8s have an almost ideal stock placement for the engine mounts to fit into the 1st Gen Z cars (S30 chassis). I have seen photos of them and am astounded that more of the LA engines have not been swapped. However, the Chevy engine (love 'em or hate 'em) is just plain ubiquitous and due to the availability has been used more than any other engine for swapping into a Z. The little cars provide excellent power-to-weight ratios and are plain fun. However, they flex under power and are a bit on the tinny side. The swaps are relatively cheap--but just find a good Z car first. Rust will kill the cars in short order due to the unibody construction; best examples can be found in CA, AZ, NV, NM.

In case anyone wants to know, I have a 240Z V8 project underway although I also have a newly aquired 71 Duster resto underway as well. I need the Duster to deliver my daughters to high school in style and safety. Time & money make both take a longer time to complete than I would like. Pity.

Cars are a disease ;)

Davy

Welcome DavyZ, I have not seen you around here yet.

Many thanks! I just joined since I just aquired the Duster. I have been looking for a good Mopar site to learn from and I fortunately found this one. I truly love A-bodies. This Duster is the first true muscle car I have owned--I love the thickness of the steel since it is more sturdy than I am used to.

Apologies for the thread hijack.

If anyone has questions on Z car swaps or Z information, I'll be happy to answer them in a separate thread...or just email me :)

Davy

No problem!! it's in the jokes and funny stuff section Hi Jack all you wan't!!!:cheers:
Many thanks! I just joined since I just aquired the Duster. I have been looking for a good Mopar site to learn from and I fortunately found this one. I truly love A-bodies. This Duster is the first true muscle car I have owned--I love the thickness of the steel since it is more sturdy than I am used to.

Apologies for the thread hijack.

If anyone has questions on Z car swaps or Z information, I'll be happy to answer them in a separate thread...or just email me :)

Davy

welcome dave....way to make an entrance LOL....If it runs I like it...if it don't run I hate it..LOL

I'm thinking that this would be ideal for that area: Stalk.....open sights......one shot kill....food...

Sweet :cheers: Looks like a good brush gun Joe, Is that a 3030 =P~
Best brush gun and knock down power 8)

-
Back