Ricers... *sigh*

-
(Sigh), ricers........... I don't get the mentality either. I always get the Honda or Subaru guys wanting to mess with me when I am out driving the Bee. I don't get it, is it some small anatomy kind of thing? If I drove one of them things I wouldn't embarras myself by trying to take on some Charger or other muscle car.

Maybe most of them have no knowlege of a muscle car (my guess) thinking they are just dinosaurs. I had to explain to one kid that SOHC,s and DOHC,s are nothing new and to go look up old Ford motors.

I was out last weekend going to a local get together spot, following my wife in her 41 Chrysler, Dual left hand turn lane, this newer Eclipse pulls up in the lane next to me. Light turns green and we turn the corner together and he gasses it, well I couldn't let him attempt to get ahead of me, could I

It all depends. Some of them could make you look foolish real quick. The motor that was in my car pumped out 600hp at the wheels I was in the process of building a 1500hp motor for it when I sold the car. The was in stock looking form but fast as hell! I just didn't race it.

But at 8200 how much power it makin?

My guess would be maybe ~180 - 190ish @ 7500.. I was in the process of a turbo build, but decided it wasn't worth putting anymore money into a civic.. makes for a fun commuter car though

Ask them if they can match this one.......

IWISH.jpg

(Sigh), ricers........... I don't get the mentality either. I always get the Honda or Subaru guys wanting to mess with me when I am out driving the Bee. I don't get it, is it some small anatomy kind of thing? If I drove one of them things I wouldn't embarras myself by trying to take on some Charger or other muscle car.

Maybe most of them have no knowlege of a muscle car (my guess) thinking they are just dinosaurs. I had to explain to one kid that SOHC,s and DOHC,s are nothing new and to go look up old Ford motors.

I was out last weekend going to a local get together spot, following my wife in her 41 Chrysler, Dual left hand turn lane, this newer Eclipse pulls up in the lane next to me. Light turns green and we turn the corner together and he gasses it, well I couldn't let him attempt to get ahead of me, could I

mmmmmmmmmmm that '41 is gorgeous....still trying to get my '53 Cranbrook back, have to take the Fish out with the Bee cruising when she's shiny! :)

Ricer's will race anything and everything, I guess that's the mentality you get when you drive a slug. Every win against a minivan or an 80yr old trying to get to his VA appointment empowers you, no matter whether they accelerated or not. Not to mention Ricer's have the mechanical ability and vehicular knowledge of a 5 year old. Show em a procharger and tell them your alternator is making a lot of noise and ask if you should replace it and they'll probably say yes without missing a beat.

Truth be told, unless I'm driving a mid-10 second car, I wouldn't mess with them. As much as I dislike the import cars, they can easily pack enough punch to leave you wondering what the hell just happened.

It all depends. Some of them could make you look foolish real quick. The motor that was in my car pumped out 600hp at the wheels I was in the process of building a 1500hp motor for it when I sold the car. The was in stock looking form but fast as hell! I just didn't race it.
What do you do for a living? Skylines are expensive, and you say you also had an extra motor also. Thats ballin pretty hard.

I dont think people here understand the difference between a ricer, and a very well built civic.

I always had a civic thru highschool and was really into the import scene. Ive never really been into the v8 vs import thing. but my 12 sec all motor civic did hurt a lot of v8 feelings.
It,s cause you have around the same HP,but in 1/2 a car.LOL:tongue1:

What do you do for a living? Skylines are expensive, and you say you also had an extra motor also. Thats ballin pretty hard.

Yep It was a 2002 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec 2 Nür. It take with the original N1 block (upgraded to make 600hp at the wheels) and I also got an extra N1 block with the deal, which I was building to make 1500hp (I wanted at least 1200hp at the wheels).
Also that is pretty amazing that with no real info about my car you were able to figure out what it was!

mmmmmmmmmmm that '41 is gorgeous....still trying to get my '53 Cranbrook back, have to take the Fish out with the Bee cruising when she's shiny! :)

Ricer's will race anything and everything, I guess that's the mentality you get when you drive a slug. Every win against a minivan or an 80yr old trying to get to his VA appointment empowers you, no matter whether they accelerated or not. Not to mention Ricer's have the mechanical ability and vehicular knowledge of a 5 year old. Show em a procharger and tell them your alternator is making a lot of noise and ask if you should replace it and they'll probably say yes without missing a beat.

Thanks XL, the wife fell in love with it when she saw it. Yeah, let's cruise, what yr Cuda do you have?

Got a kid at work who tells a lot of stories, got lots of pics, videos. etc,about his hondota's and mazduzu's,....just doesn't get the quality vs quantity (lot more ricers vs real muscle on the street),...but you gotta remember this is what the kids today grew up with, as opposed to when we grew up, the average family car that you inherated was a V8,....I find interest in most everything that someone has spent quality time, sweat, brainpower and money on,...but still,...I'm just not interested or impressed with em,...gimme American thunder anyday.

Yep It was a 2002 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec 2 Nür. It take with the original N1 block (upgraded to make 600hp at the wheels) and I also got an extra N1 block with the deal, which I was building to make 1500hp (I wanted at least 1200hp at the wheels).
Also that is pretty amazing that with no real info about my car you were able to figure out what it was!

Skylines are the only jap import I can think of off hand that would have drawn that much attention from ricers, looked to be in stock form, and made that kind of power...reliably. People who follow cars in general should have been able to figure it out, although I wouldn't have known the specifics like "N1 block, V-spec, etc."
You didn't happen to be in the USMC as an officer, were you? I knew a captain several years ago who had a Skyline, or maybe it was a G35 with a Skyline engine..it was pushing 600, and he was also into Mopars.

Skylines are the only jap import I can think of off hand that would have drawn that much attention from ricers, looked to be in stock form, and made that kind of power...reliably. People who follow cars in general should have been able to figure it out, although I wouldn't have known the specifics like "N1 block, V-spec, etc."
You didn't happen to be in the USMC as an officer, were you? I knew a captain several years ago who had a Skyline, or maybe it was a G35 with a Skyline engine..it was pushing 600, and he was also into Mopars.

No I'm not that guy (got respect for him though, that and anybody else who put in time). That being said I didn't realize it was that easy to figure it out

Spotting a nice import here ( Riverside County ) is quite rare , but I have seen a few really nice ones around :

- 1971 240z - very clean and largely original ;
- 1971 Celica - super mean and not the least bit street-friendly ;
- 1973 Fairlady z - Japanese model , complete with mirrors on the fenders , small bumpers , and different tail lights ;
- 1978 Celica-Supra - another clean driver .

At this year's Spring Fling , there was a nice Audi coupe in the park's parking lot ; looked to be a 1970-something .
Black Market car ( European fluting on the headlamps ; all interior indications written in German ; virtually non-existent bumpers ; no side marker lamps ). Very clean ! My friend took some photos of it .

Another friend of mine is into French cars ( don't laugh ! Ever seen a Renault R5 ??? They're mean ! ) . He was raised around them , as his dad's from England and his mom's from Italy ; his dad owned / operated a Peugeot-Renault dealership , and taught my friend and his brother how to turn wrenches on the oddities .
My friend had a 1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo which was his driver and race car (!!) .
At Buttonwillow Raceway ( in Ca.'s central valley ) in 1998 , my friend ran his 505 in the time trials . We drove the car there , and then added all of the track-friendly equipment : BFG R1's on spare wheels and junk headlight buckets with 'blanks' filling the lights' spots .
Car already had a 5-point cage installed and a 4-point racing harness ( stock 3-point belt was in place for street driving ), so all he had to do was strap-in and run !

Some Porsche *** hats were heckling us ( but not in a fun way , not in a goofing way ) of course . He had a full crew with him and his trailered 944 ; we had a few necessary tools and our driven car .
Mr. Porsche got a DNF ( spun-out and hit a dip off-track , causing the backlight of that 944 to shatter ! HA ! ) , and was surprisingly quiet afterwards .

Here in SoCal I see these same mental midgets with 5 or 6 inch fart tube exhaust and 2 to 3 tier wings... and dozens of performance stickers. When I pull along side of them in the 340 Duster, they will never look in my direction. I'm known for asking ricers if they borrowed their mommy's car.

The angry bee sound sucks as well a the stupid exhausts and equally retarded looking wings. A while ago I saw a wing made out of 2x4's and plywood.... What a knucklehead!

No I'm not that guy (got respect for him though, that and anybody else who put in time). That being said I didn't realize it was that easy to figure it out

lol yep from your first post I had a feeling it was a skyline, what else would they get all wet about?

and dang I wish I could be that cool but then I wouldn't get to look at my 340 hood scoops......

I immediately knew you were talkin about a skyline too. But thats because I have a soft spot for Nissan.

Ricers and imports are two different worlds. You could probably take a Chevette and rice it out if you wanted. But it will never be an import.

These tools in my area are runnin completely stock engines in like early 90's civics with no hood. There's only a few nice imports not to be trifled with in my neck of the woods and they are dead easy to tell. i.e. There's a guy who has a late 90's Nissan Silvia with a Skyline engine swapped into it(RB25DET) It's all white with a small spoiler and white 17" rims, it is so clean and the fact that its a Silvia and the blowoff valve sounds like when you shove a tennis ball down a vacuum tube, you know immediately this car can kick some serious ***. But there is also some domestics that are way cool in this area, a friend's dad owns a 620hp 4:10 geared 440 powered '70 Bee. Here's a pic I have of it, sorry, no pics of the nissan lol
The green '73 satellite with the white top is my friend and his son Kris's
76892_179013122113798_100000153337017_735333_1437805_n.jpg

155981_179013082113802_100000153337017_735331_5024217_n.jpg

Oh! I forgot his other toy next to Kris's Satellite 8)
154562_179013105447133_100000153337017_735332_2312348_n.jpg

I have a buddy who's really into Mazda rotary cars. He has an RX-1 that just looks like some crappy little econobox, but hauls ***. He pulled that one from a junkyard in excellent condition-hardly any miles and still had plastic protective covers on the seats and door panels. He also has or 3 RX-7's of various years. One I think is a '96 that is SWEEET. He doesn't leave any of them stock, but he doesn't rice them out either. Apparently, Puerto Rican's are BIG on their Mazda rotary's

I have a buddy who's really into Mazda rotary cars. He has an RX-1 that just looks like some crappy little econobox, but hauls ***. He pulled that one from a junkyard in excellent condition-hardly any miles and still had plastic protective covers on the seats and door panels. He also has or 3 RX-7's of various years. One I think is a '96 that is SWEEET. He doesn't leave any of them stock, but he doesn't rice them out either. Apparently, Puerto Rican's are BIG on their Mazda rotary's
So, the '96 is something like this? 8)
189168_1926451323335_1303732671_2296535_6931592_n.jpg

A good high school friend owns this:happy2:. He is on the rotor crack too:toothy10: Gotta admit they are pretty powerful if setup right:thumrigh:

lol yep from your first post I had a feeling it was a skyline, what else would they get all wet about?

Good point. But I preferred the sound of those twin turbos spooling up.

I immediately knew you were talkin about a skyline too. But thats because I have a soft spot for Nissan.

You know the funny thing about it I always thought they were bigger. They're about the same size as a Duster.

I don't know why I just thought of this, so I share with you guys. That time I took the car to that show, I remember someone saying "Holy ****, it's Godzilla (he was looking and point towards me when he said it)." The only thought that ran through my mind was, "wtf...the hell are you talking about." Three days later I found out that Godzilla is the nickname people have given the Skyline GTRs.

Dartt, yes, it was like that, but black. He said it was some special edition. It seems like the fenders were flared out more and the headlights might have been a little different, but it was the same generation. He also had an earlier one that had the wedge shaped body.

Dartt, yes, it was like that, but black. He said it was some special edition. It seems like the fenders were flared out more and the headlights might have been a little different, but it was the same generation. He also had an earlier one that had the wedge shaped body.
The wedge shaped body ones will fly! A member on here has a 360 swapped into one and it gets up and goes. Before my buddy bought his '96, he had an '87 and he had some serious get up and go with a turbo on that little Wankel rotary. :shock:

Revhendo, they just stopped I think. They changed to the RENESIS rotary in the RX-8, but 2010 and previous were Wankel rotaries

-
Back