Ride height

-

dropshot1

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the super stock comp leaf springs will cange my ride height?aswell can i just ajust my torsion bars to bring the front up if i have to?

impossible to tell since we dont know how much the stockers are sagging

but you can raise or drop the front end some by adjusting the torsion bars...provided it is not maxed out

It will definitely be higher. And if you use a biased pair as they were intended to be used, (02 and 03?) I believe the right rear will be higher than the left. Some people use 2 of the same p/n to keep it level. You can replace the front leaf spring hangers with ones that have a higher spring mounting hole. A 1" higher hole will drop the rear bumper about 2". Is it AR engineering that sells those? You can also flip the front spring hangers upside down to drop the rear but you have to elongate the mounting holes because the studs in the hangers are asymmetrical so they don't get mounted upside down. :) Personally I would never do that.

4 1/2 inches of gap from tire to fender.

and if you don't have your front susp. set up for it ss leafs will throw that off.

i recently installed the leaf brackets that allow me to lower it an inch so i'm at 3 1/2 these things don't settle down with mileage.

other member here have used new (XHD) stock replacements and gotten anywhere from 2 3/4 - 3 1/2
and with the 1 inch lowering brackets you would be aty 2 - 2 1/2 which is what i was going for really

these do settle down lower with mileage i hear.

id recommend that route

-
Back