Right belt for /6 AC?

-

SpriceyStuff

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 74 Dart Sport with a 77 Slant six that has 3 pulleys on it. The fan and alternator are on pulley 2, nothing on 3 or 1 right now, but I believe the power steering goes on 3 (furthest from the block). I’ll confirm when I hook it back up. But my car is a factory A/C car, but the A/C compressor and condenser had been ripped out prior to my parents purchase of the car over a decade ago. Now that it’s mine, and desert summers are regularly over 110°, I’d like the A/C to work again. I have a compressor with a functional clutch, but I don’t know which belt to buy, and there’s SO MANY on rock auto that I don’t know which is the right one. Could you guys help me please? I’m replacing all the belts anyway cause they’re old and cracked, so I figured I’d get it all done in one whack.

Dayco 17555DR should work for the AC, 15570DR is the alt belt, 15405 for p/s with a 7-inch pulley and 15395 for a 6-inch pulley I would assume they are talking about the p/s pulley

Last edited:
Dayco 17555DR should work for the AC, 15570DR is the alt belt, 15405 for p/s with a 7-inch pulley and 15395 for a 6-inch pulley I would assume they are talking about the p/s pulley
Will that fit only the crank and Compressor?

What I do to double check when things are possibly cobbled together over the years is take masking tape and make a "belt" with it. Mark a line where they meet up. Remove the tape and measure the length. Do a quick search for how to read a belt code and you can usually come up with your own code if you have no clue, or in this case, verify what people are suggesting makes sense. Not all companies use the same code system.
I have been getting belts for about 1/3 the cost of the local parts supply stores from an online belt supplier in Iowa but there are several.

AC belt goes over the crank the water pump pulley (it's a 2 groove pulley) ac belt adjuster and the ac compressor.
What does the AC belt adjuster look like and where can I find one? I can find the pulley for it on eBay but no actual tensioner

I will see if I can find a picture, the internet so far has been worthless.
sGlVsx5

here’s a pic I found on the forums here. Looks like the back of the ac bracket, but it looks like something I could have my brother help me with. He’s a machinist

-
Back