Rim and tire combos

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
So I'm looking at buying some new shoes for my 73 dart to replace the stock 14s and I'm weighing my options about what to buy. I was originally looking at some weld prostars but I changed my mind because it seems like lots of people run them. Another possible choice for me would be some American racing torque thrusts, and im torn between 15s and 17s. My final option is to get some billet specialties street lites, I really like the look of them, and I think I would want 15s. I'm putting a pretty stout 360 into the car so it will have a good amount of power so I would like some grippy rear tires. I'm thinking some 235 Mickey Thompson et streets on the rear and some 205 BFG radial TAs. Has anybody had problems with the street lites? And are there some other type of rims that look good and not many people have?

Wheels and tires set the tone for the whole car. They make it look stock or like a stop light terror and everything in between. If you want to hook up and put some power down the 15" opens up a lot of sticky tire options. 17" tires will have more of a harsh ride but are about the most common rim size and the selection is endless. I would google image your wheels and see what you like. Good luck.

If you want any type of real performance tire you need at least 17" however I have noticed the most size with widest selection of performance tires is in 18"
Also know that for every 1" in rim diameter you lose 1/2" on sidewall.

-
Back