Rim Blow horn

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the switch to activate the horn on a Rim Blow steering wheel is supposed to work? I can't seem to get mine to work. I took the switch at the bottom of the wheel apart and it doesnt really make any sense! A couple little pieces of copper and no spring to make the button spring back out. The fuses seem fine so I think I have ruled them out. Thanks in advance

There are two thin pieces of cooper that run around your steering wheel, when you squeeze the inner rubber that will press the two pieces of cooper together and cause the horn to honk. That rubber piece gets brittle over time and can cause problems as well as the copper being pretty thin. I am currently having the same problem with mine.

My brother took his to the Mopar Nats and gave it to a guy who restores Rim Blows http://www.rimblowsteeringwheels.com/. He seems to do real good work and i am planning on sending mine after my brother gets his back so i can check out his work.

The pieces of copper on mine were at least a half inch apart. I was wondering how they would make contact. I'm guessing someone fooled with this thing once already. I'll check it out again. Thanks for the input

-
Back