RIP Gene Gene The Dancing Machine

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Sad news of late that Eugene Patton has passed away...now you may be asking yourself, who is Eugene Patton? You may know him better as his on stage persona, Gene Gene the Dancing Machine.

Eugene was a stagehand working at NBC at the time Chuck Barris was taping The Gong Show. Chuck found Eugene's dancing during the breaks so entertaining, that he decided to put him on the show and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine was born.

Here is a clip of Eugene in action. As you can see from Chuck's attire, the Gong Show gang were having a lot of fun!

Gene Gene, you're dancing on a cloud now. God Bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj4jN-T5g8M"]The Gong Show - Gene Gene The Dancing Machine (5) - YouTube[/url]

Sad news of late that Eugene Patton has passed away...now you may be asking yourself, who is Eugene Patton? You may know him better as his on stage persona, Gene Gene the Dancing Machine.

Eugene was a stagehand working at NBC at the time Chuck Barris was taping The Gong Show. Chuck found Eugene's dancing during the breaks so entertaining, that he decided to put him on the show and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine was born.

Here is a clip of Eugene in action. As you can see from Chuck's attire, the Gong Show gang were having a lot of fun!

Gene Gene, you're dancing on a cloud now. God Bless.

The Gong Show - Gene Gene The Dancing Machine (5) - YouTube

Funny I was just watching a mini documentary on Chuck Barris. Eugene was interviewed and said he was sweeping and dancing and Chuck Barris saw him and Eugene said this is how people in the county jail sweep, it was called dancing with your pimp stick..LOL

Wow that brings back memories. I can hear the music in my head just like it yesterday.
The Gong show was the best.
RIP Gene

I remember his as a little kid. When I was little there was an old neighbor named Gene and dad always called him "Gene Gene the dancing Machine" :glasses7:

RIP

Cool movie to watch: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Autobiography by Chuck Barris.

-
Back