Ripped off

-
I wrote the parts off as a loss as I stated parts were busted due to improper packing and care from justin. the only way he would help was to go after the post office ,which in this case had absolutely nothing to do with the post office and would have been mail fraud in my own view of it. should I have said something to the fabo viewers earlier ,probably . I chose not to make a big issue of it and simply bought a new dash and washed my hands of it and moved on. should I have hijacked this thread once I saw someone else complaining about justins actions. maybe not. however I now possibly had a chance to get a refund from justin himself instead of 200 plus posts of him once again taking zero responsibility for his and his alones actions. he messaged me last night and appoligized and offered to refund the 125.00 for the busted parts that I originaly asked for. would have been alot easier to have done this the first time I asked instead of letting 4000 plus views wash this shitstorm unravel. also told him some learning experieces are not so much fun ,but you will never forget what just happened and become a better person because of it. I appoligize to all the fabo members that got drug thru this as it was never my intention , way too much energy has been spent on this . the refund has been sent and this is finally over. going out to the shop and hanging new exhaust on my 67 gt today and getting away from this computer. thank you justin for doing the right thing. nw dart

Uh-huh...

And if the thread wasn't started, the seller wouldn't have gotten a reality check of his own, like learning how to package parts correctly, stop screaming like a little girl that it's all USPS's fault, and how to step up the plate and accept some blame in all this.

The harshness only works one way...right? Only one person got a reality check...right?

Threads like this can enlightening and a lesson can be learned by all.

What lesson? every time something like this happens, it's ok to run to FABO and cry for help and waste everyone's time on something that could be settled like grown F'ing
adults? Bring peace into this god sent website, instead we are all choosing sides and making both parties look bad. I know, I'm guilty as well for choosing sides. We are all adults for the most part. Have these two settle it on their own!

Ok I'll ask again in a different way, Are original center links made of unobtanium or something? Just go to the parts store and buy one. Seems to be a $20 part.

Ok I'll ask again in a different way, Are original center links made of unobtanium or something? Just go to the parts store and buy one. Seems to be a $20 part.

The part stores don't carry center links and if they did it would be more than a $20 part.

This is a center link.

attachment.php

WOW! I think this thread will be bigger than the Mopar and babes thread. How sad.

Uh-huh...

And if the thread wasn't started, the seller wouldn't have gotten a reality check of his own, like learning how to package parts correctly, stop screaming like a little girl that it's all USPS's fault, and how to step up the plate and accept some blame in all this.

The harshness only works one way...right? Only one person got a reality check...right?

Threads like this can enlightening and a lesson can be learned by all.

What I learn from these types of threads.. Who I should avoid.

Well I hope this is a happy ending.

The last time I looked this thread had over 5000 views. That tells me that folks here ARE interested in this issue. While none of the parties involved are likely to ask each other to the prom, at least we see that problems can be resolved.

I applaud ply30 for stepping up.

I'm glad that nwdart and 1968dodge are being reimbursed.

As far as guys questioning nwdart's handling of things, - he had every right and reason to chime in.

From his last post, it still appears that 1968dodge is upset. I don't begrudge him for that. He thought he got ripped off. Whether or not he cooperates with ply30 and the post office is yet to be seen.

Not only has it been interesting (albeit sometimes tragic) to read the interactions between the involved parties, but it also has allowed us to see how others reacted. In many ways the reactions were similar to that of ply30, 1968dodge, and nwdart. It makes it easy to understand that any of us could find ourselves in the same situation. I'm glad that a few guys tried to lighten up this thread from time to time. - A lot of it was pretty dark reading otherwise.

Good luck again to all involved.

Originally Posted by ply30
If you would like to help me the ways I need help with the INFO I will be more then glad to do the processes to find the part and or if that dont work get the insurance money.
Let me know what you would like to do. It is now up to you

Originally Posted by 68dodge
I should not have to help you. I did not receive the part I purchased. You sold me an item I have never got from you. Just a box. So you are at fault for not packaging it right.

Originally Posted by ply30
Send me your PayPal. $65 will be there.

Originally Posted by 68dodge
I do not do paypal. Pictures are posted. Send a postal money order back. I work 12 hours shifts. Give a person a chance to get the pictures next time.

Next time give a person a chance to figure the **** out *** hole. The money order will be in the mail Monday.

This is what I am dealing with written above. I tried to deal with this and all Justin said was he did his part to send the part out, thats why I did hang up on him. As a buyer you should not have to get your refund by filing for insurance claim, that's the sellers job. If I did not start this thread, Justin would have not done anything. I do not care what any other members say, if this happened to you, how would you feel. Now I wait for my refund.

(Originally Posted by 68dodge: This is what I am dealing with written above. I tried to deal with this and all Justin said was he did his part to send the part out, thats why I did hang up on him. As a buyer you should not have to get your refund by filing for insurance claim, that's the sellers job. If I did not start this thread, Justin would have not done anything. I do not care what any other members say, if this happened to you, how would you feel. Now I wait for my refund.)

Hey, there are plenty of folks here that agree with you. (at least in part) Did you have reason to be upset? - Of course. Should Justin have been explicit and said that he was going to make sure that you weren't left holding the bag on this one. - Of course. He should have told you that - regardless of how the post office handles the claim (even if they denied it), that you would be getting either your part or your refund. He probably should have offered an apology too.

Am I hoping that you will help him to recoup as much of his money as he can now? - Of course. Good luck.

Since I just wasted an hour of my life reading this shinanigans, I'll throw in my $.02.

A center link that is not wrapped in lots of bubble wrap (stuffed at each end too) so it has no movement in the box will likely not arrive in said box at destination. It's very heavy compared to cardboard and could punch thru easily from a single drop or panic stop by a driver. Any package that is 100% properly wrapped should make no noise or jiggle around when shook. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Next issue here is patience(or lack of it) and not going off the rails for a $50part, if 50 bones is life changing dough then you're in the wrong hobby. Sure an empty box can piss I guy off but it wasn't that gold bar you ordered off ebay. Even though you are choked, working with seller needs to happen. I work 12 hrs a day as well and I find time for things that need to get done.
I believe a 100% the seller never intended to rip anyone off! That being said I also believe he should up his packing skills a bunch. If It was me selling I would have told the buyer as soon as you send me the info and pictures I need I will refund your money, I wouldn't expect the buyer to wait on the insurance, since as it stands he got no part and out the money. It's not worth losing a good feedback score when you know you will eventually get the money back from insurance, and ESPECIALLY for $50.

Hope it gets settled ASAP and we don't see another thread like this for a long long long time. Cheers.

Wow.... What a couple of children 4/5/2014 4:30 PM central time package shows that it still hasn’t been delivered. Regardless if 68dodge received an empty box I would think he would want to make sure that the part didn’t get punched out of the box only to have the Post Office re-box it and wait for his signature. I sure as hell wouldn't offer any kind of refund until I'm certain that the part hasn’t been delivered. On the other hand if there is verification that the part has been delivered via the tracking number and the USPS system. It is the responsibility of the person receiving to notify the sender that they haven’t received their part. The sender who paid the Post Office for the insurance it is their responsibility to file a claim, issue a refund, and deal with the Post Office. Do you get that ply30!!! You don’t work for the Post Office as helpful as you were trying to be by trying to find the part you actually slowed things down by not filing a claim first. Have I learned something from this post??? YES!!! NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH EITHER OF THESE KNUCLE HEADS!!!

I wish there was a hide thread button. This is like a bad train accident that keeps happening over and over. I just can't stop myself from coming back in to read the updates!

So what happens if the part is received?

The sender goes to the PO to file a claim if it hasn’t been received he will have to wait to file a claim. If it shows received file a claim. Obviously there needs to be effort on both people. But in this case it shows that the part could be sitting at the PO just waiting to be picked up… If I were 68dodge instead of crying how I got an empty box, I would take the box over to the PO and say why doesn’t this match your tracking info. I am really ocd when it comes to tracking I like to know when it’s going to get to me. I’ll check the tracking every hour even though I know it’s going to be a couple of days until I receive.

lord, this thread needs to die a horrible death. Can a mod not put it out of it misery? Enough has been said. Let the 3 main mem's figure it out. If you want to keep on whining and b**chin than ask Joey to create a b**ch forum.

Move on!

lord, this thread needs to die a horrible death. Can a mod not put it out of it misery? Enough has been said. Let the 3 main mem's figure it out. If you want to keep on whining and b**chin than ask joey to create a b**ch forum.

Move on!

x2!!!!!!!

since i read this whole thread i'll like to bring up a point that i thought someone would bring up.everybody wants you to send the money as a gift so they can avoid fees for doing business.it's my understanding that if you do the gift thing you have no recourse if there is any kind of problem.right or wrong?i bring this up as someone mentioned to get pp involved and it was more than likely sent as a gift.also it's a pet peeve of mine.anybody know for sure?

since i read this whole thread i'll like to bring up a point that i thought someone would bring up.everybody wants you to send the money as a gift so they can avoid fees for doing business.it's my understanding that if you do the gift thing you have no recourse if there is any kind of problem.right or wrong?i bring this up as someone mentioned to get pp involved and it was more than likely sent as a gift.also it's a pet peeve of mine.anybody know for sure?

Look at post 234......68dodge did not use paypal, a money order was sent

People want money sent as gift through PP so they don't have to pay fees. You are right if it is sent as gift you are SOL.

lord, this thread needs to die a horrible death. Can a mod not put it out of it misery? Enough has been said. Let the 3 main mem's figure it out. If you want to keep on whining and b**chin than ask Joey to create a b**ch forum.

Move on!

X3

Here I have been thinking of becoming a Gold Member... but seeing this has totally turned me off wondering why the Moderator has not put an End to this misery... Is this BS normal on this forum ???

X3

Here I have been thinking of becoming a Gold Member... but seeing this has totally turned me off wondering why the Moderator has not put an End to this misery... Is this BS normal on this forum ???

No. It's not normal for this site. For the most part guys here seem to get along pretty good with one another. This thread has had more drama than any other thread on this site I've ever read. But it's the exception. - Not the norm.

No. It's not normal for this site. For the most part guys here seem to get along pretty good with one another. This thread has had more drama than any other thread on this site I've ever read. But it's the exception. - Not the norm.

I agree with this 100%

X3

No, its not normal. Frankly, I've thought about deleting it on several occasions. But I don't like to delete threads if I don't have to, and by in large people have been behaving well in this thread.

-
Back