RMS--Altercation--BUMMER

-
Exactly solar flares--Good call --although up here its the northern lights going on and it's SWEET

66plyvaliant--I'm not going there with you,You do know that the wilwood that rms uses are stock sized ford bearings right????? not wilwood bearings ok Yes I knew you knew that--Steve

In defense of Swifter. I understand why he's upset. First Bill's setup is pricey, and although it does open up a lot of options when swapping it does get even more pricey if you've already bought some parts or done the 5.7 / 6.1 swap.

Some Examples:

Milodon pans won't fit the RMS setup, so you need one from Canton $400.00

TTI headers for the 5.7 / 6.1 Swap won't fit New Headers $750.00

RMS uses Mustang II spindles so new brakes $730.00

So swifter is looking at spending an extra 2K for the RMS setup.

In defense of RMS, it's not really RMS's fault that Swifter did the swap already and is upgrading. Unfortunately, the RMS setup is not really designed for piecemeal upgrades.

I think Swifter was simply expressing his frustration that he would have to replace a lot of what are essentially NEW parts. Again this isn't really Bill's fault, for example, I know that Bill worked closely with TTI to develop headers to fit the 5.7 / 6.1. One of the reasons that the RMS setup is such a great setup for the Gen III hemi swap is that it allows the use Car accessories creating a clean installation, it allows power rack and pinion steering, and finally, it is a direct bolt in.

Those are great advantages, unfortunately those advantages are going to cost Swifter an extra 2K. :(

Regards,

Joe Dokes

never said used uses mustang parts you rocket scientist
Actually yes you did say used. whether you ment it or not it said used. Just because you edited your post doesn't mean anything. But yes talk down to me like I don't know anything. Whether you intended it to mean what was written or not it's what was there. But thanks.

Thanks Joe and Hemi Mark--I'm already all over Denny--Didn't mean to rant about RMS,But it simply is not a BOLT in product,I thought there would have been a little more lee way in installing them--Steve

Purple haze --you got those lower arms in yet????? How did you mount the upper shock eye and reinforce it??? Thanks Steve

They are at powder coat right now, the upper mount is BadDarts, will start the re-enforcement this week and post up picks. You know I am using front snout bars in the engine compartment?

-
Back