Road Racers Check this out!

-
It's listed under Reilly Motorsports, that is probably Bill Reilly that started BBD.com, maybe a friend of his?

It's listed under Reilly Motorsports, that is probably Bill Reilly that started BBD.com, maybe a friend of his?

Has a RMS sticker on it too. It must have at least some RMS parts on it.

My guess is a RMS front and rear setup. Just a guess. I don't see shock post through the inner fender. In one shot it looks like a blank hole. Also, I don't see a rear leaf spring segment behind the rear wheel in the picture with the left front wheel off the ground.

There was a previous thread on this last night. And a video link to the whole program showing some great vids of the Dart running....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=146802

I'll tell you, that RMS front setup to a shot when it ran head on into that ditch. And when they are jumping over stuff and really loading the car over to one side like that, it's tough on suspension pieces. A lot of movement, articulation, and impacts.

Looks to me like it is set up REALLY soft. I never liked a soft setup in road racing, used to Karting... no suspension haha

Looks to me like it is set up REALLY soft. I never liked a soft setup in road racing, used to Karting... no suspension haha

I don't think it's meant to have a road race setup. It's got a Rallycar type setup. Jumps, bumps, dips, surface changes/conditions....

It would be interesting to get some of the set-up info. I am sure it at least has the reilly front suspension in it as it mentions that on the facebook link I posted. Must have a B or E body rear end (or maybe it would make more sense to have a nine inch, being it is a race car) jusding by the offset of the rear end. Are those mustang wheels?

Looks like on the engine shots there is an electric vacuum pump hooked to the brake booster. Why would you want power brakes? Power steering for sure, but brakes? I wonder who built the car? It says it was prepared for Roy Hopkins (he is one of the winners from years past and brings a different car each year).

-
Back