Road Trip To Cali

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The wife and I took a trip to San Diego Cali last weekend. Went over to checkout the military RV camp grounds. First stop was camp Pentalton USMC base. They have a site right on the beach. Couldn’t help but notice the poorly maintained main entrance to the base. Weeds were growing through the cracks in the concrete, grafeete on some of the security Bariors and trash strewn around the gate area. Back in my day the installation CSM would blow a gasket if he/she saw that. Man, this is a USMC base, suppose to be the cream of the crop. I don’t think it’s too woke to clean up the weeds and police the area. Any former Marines have a comment?

I'm former Army, but agree with you 100%. I'm really surprised to hear that about Camp Pendleton
Our club, Inland Mopars, main charity effort is our annual toy drive for the soldiers kids at Fort Irwin. Fort Irwin is located in the middle of the Mojave desert at the end of a 35-mile long road off of I-15. Needless to say they hardly get any "tourist" traffic out there. But each time we go out to the base it is typical military spotless...certainly not like your description of the Camp Pendleton gate.
Too bad you didn't know about our annual "Mopars in May" all-Mopar car show in Ontario (SoCal) last Sunday.

I spent 2 weeks of Hell at Fort Irwin for my manditory Summer Camp. Got lost in the desert with a fuel tanker. They had to send out a search party for m :) :)

Call the brass and discuss the visual.
Normally on an Army/AF base there’s a number you can call to register complaints or concerns. Usually someone from the commanders staff goes through those calls or emails and tags issues that may be of concern to the command. I looked on the Camp Pendelton web site and could find a number to call. I find it unusual that the base CSM doesn’t have a number address concerns.

I'm former Army, but agree with you 100%. I'm really surprised to hear that about Camp Pendleton
Our club, Inland Mopars, main charity effort is our annual toy drive for the soldiers kids at Fort Irwin. Fort Irwin is located in the middle of the Mojave desert at the end of a 35-mile long road off of I-15. Needless to say they hardly get any "tourist" traffic out there. But each time we go out to the base it is typical military spotless...certainly not like your description of the Camp Pendleton gate.
Too bad you didn't know about our annual "Mopars in May" all-Mopar car show in Ontario (SoCal) last Sunday.
Yeah, spent a few days out on the MPRC doing tank crew evaluations. It’s a big place. Never had to spend anytime in the Box.

Wasn’t aware of Mopars in May. I’ll have to put it on my must do list for next year

Just a guess but I'll bet the CSM has grown tired of complaints since the current changes have occurred...

I spent 2 weeks of Hell at Fort Irwin for my manditory Summer Camp. Got lost in the desert with a fuel tanker. They had to send out a search party for m :) :)
<~~~~~ knew the back way into Ft Irwin :rolleyes: :lol: Guards at main gate stand there and scratch their heads as we cruise past them on the way back to town ":wtf: did they come from?" :lol:

The desert is a nice and familiar place to visit, but I ain't movin' back :lol: It was a good place to grow up :lol:
I lived in Vegas for a year in the 70's... The desert is hot & dry... Great if you like sand in every part of your body.. Otherwise it sucks.... JMHO of course...

-
Back