Rochester 71 Dart V8

-

71318Swinger

Reaction score
In the Bowl assembly on the Carb where the Accelerator pump goes into it there is a small Aluminum Ball that is supposed to be a part of a check valve.
Mine is seized up in the hole and I cannot figure out how to get it out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks.
-Red-

try soaking with penetrate? A light tap, with a small brass punch may set it free, or maybe compressed air through a passage/hole, cover with rag to catch ball? good luck

Yea i let it sock in PB blaster for about an hour and i tried air but i cant get a good enough seal and i tried heat and a tap and nothing

Don`t know what else to tell ya, My air gun is homemade, 3/16" brakeline section adapted to a 1/4" ball valve, serious pressure @ pinpoint. Drilling out would be tedious but possible, better done on a mill. good luck

If you can try to get some of this stuff ..... Nice stuff Aerokroil is the name... should be able to find it at your local parts houses.. Good luck

stylespilotshop_2098_257632694.jpg

Any other ideas guys i kinda wanted something that wont take a few days

So i let it soak for days in PB blaster and another day in carb cleaner and neither one of those worked do any of you know if that ball is hollow or solid? if its hollow i might be able to crush it or drill it but i don't want to accidentally over drill or ruin it

-
Back