Rocker arm step ups

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Ok guys, I used the search but did not find much help, My 360 threw a push rod through the rocker arm and I am looking at possibly changing out to harder/better rocker arms.. As always I am on a budget lol so any help to reasonable priced rocker would be nice, I would like something that can use the stock rocker arm bars and stock push rods.

Use a set of 273 adjustable rockers very good upgrade over stamped.

Go get another push rod out of a 360 in the local junk yard.

If you want to buy a new adjustable set up or use 273 rockers, then be ready to buy new push rods that work with them and your hydraulic cam.

I agree, go to a junkyard and pull a new pushrod and rocker. Hopefully your cam didn't take too much of a beating. I have a set of 273 rockers and pushrods in good shape if you'd like to buy them, PM me.

I agree, go to a junkyard and pull a new pushrod and rocker. Hopefully your cam didn't take too much of a beating. I have a set of 273 rockers and pushrods in good shape if you'd like to buy them, PM me.

I have tons of stock small block stuff on the shelfs, I already have everything ready to go back together, and the cam is getting swapped out anyways, but it looks fine. Thanks for the help guys

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/masthe15rahy.html

those are the heavy duty non adjustable rockers...

Yep. The next step up.
Replacing a marginal part with a marginal part doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
If you want to upgrade and have a really tight budget , this is next.
If you are around 300 lbs. open , these are marginal.
Your cam and springs will decide what you want to put in there.

ok guys this thread seems appropriate. rebuilt 360, bk107's comp cam that is .48 lift or very close to that. trick flow push rods and comps springs. used the old rockers and shafts, but after lookin at them i dont like what i see (rockers arent on center, and i do get a small tick, so time to renew the whole rocker assembly, but i have a few questions.

ill most likely get the rockers listed above, and http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slp-rs-626/overview/make/chrysler

but, i also notice the spacers, will i need those as well? if so what thickness?

as a deluxe option should i spend a little more and upgrade? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-66869/overview/make/chrysler

proform rockers are not an upgrade......

Used the mopar heavy duty non adjustable rocker on a hughes 230/237 .515/.535 cam with stock eddy springs......drove for years with those and drove up and down the strip a few dozen times...

wait..they are still on the car....

if you foresee needing adjustable rockers in the future by the adjustable rockers....

so your sayin if upgrading buy the good stuff and if not go with good grade non adjustables

what about the roller tips on the proforms? heard you can get a few ponies out of them

You heard wrong. Roller tips don't add power. They do however increase valve guide and valve stem life. That's about all.

what valve spring are recommend with your cam? comp 901 ?

those are about stiff as the stock 340 springs...which are not really that stiff...if you want adjustable rockers ..find a set of 273 adjustable and make sure they have adjusters with jam nuts...not the stock interference adjusters ....

Why would you install a used one and take the chance of the same thing happening? That one may be weak or even weaker and then you may have the same problem and you may not be so lucky the next time. I had the same thing happen to me so figuring if one was weak all the others prolly were not to far behind so I went out to Auto Zone and purchased a complete set of Seal Power R-861 Stamped rockers for SB and these work just fine in my HP 340...and it did not break me, a lot cheaper than replacing a cam or what ever damage would happen...

-
Back