Roll bar?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
My 69 dart now running 7.30 in the eight.That would be 11.40 in 1/4.The track I run now wants a 6 point bar.What does your track require as I would like to go to some nostalgia events.Do they require a 6 or 8 point roll bar.Also swing out bar yes or no or your preference,Thanks Kevin.

Actually a 5 point will do. Door bar only required on drivers side.

It also depends if the track is NHRA or IHRA. They had different rules, for instance NHRA faster rules kick in at 9.99 where IHRA's kick in at 9.49... I'm not sure about the 11.50 rules.

5 points are good to 10.99 I believe but if your doing it you might as well put in the passenger bar. My father-in-law added swing bars to his because he has back trouble and its great. He drives it on the street so this way he can remove them for 90% of use. Just sucks that it limits access to the back seat so much.

put a 8 pt roll bar in it with subframe connectors..tie the roll bar to the subframe connectors...the car will be more consistent

I had a 7.50 cert cage put in mine, I hope I have the money to go near that fast some day.
For an 11 second car, I would go with a cage. 8 point, that way you can go faster!
I am a fat guy with a funny car cage and Its not that bad. The car is for sale on this site, chect it out!

My car has a funny car cage 7.50 cert as I mentioned I am a fat guy and it is not that big a deal
to get in and out TRY CLIMBING INTO A NASCAR CHALLENGER!

Attachments

• 2005_0509dart80074.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 145
-
Back