Roller Rockers

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
Have been looking at some different Roller Rockers. What is the best setup for the money. Have seen many of them on E-Bay but don't know how any of these are holding up. I have also seen the stainless ones are they better than the aluminum. With my 509 purple shaft would I notice much difference if I went to the 1.6. Hope everyone doesn't get tired of my questions, Hard to find an all a-body mopar website. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick

Have been looking at some different Roller Rockers. What is the best setup for the money. Have seen many of them on E-Bay but don't know how any of these are holding up. I have also seen the stainless ones are they better than the aluminum. With my 509 purple shaft would I notice much difference if I went to the 1.6. Hope everyone doesn't get tired of my questions, Hard to find an all a-body mopar website. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick

Welcome!

I just got done putting roller rockers on my lil 273. I bought them on ebay and paid $136.52 to the door from gr8hotrods. It is just the roller rockers not the shafts. You use your old shafts with these. They are the aluminum type and more than likely made in China. They didn't send enough shims so BJR racing made me some spacers. But I'm not going to be turning 7000 RPM and drag race every where I go. You can sink a lot money in roller rockers and shafts very quickly. (Its all about the money you know) Harland, Comp Cams, Crane, etc.. have some nice stuff for a nice price however.

I'm sure you will see a difference in the 1.6 but I would make sure you still have enough valve to piston clearance and also retainer to valve guide clearance. 1.6 can throw your valve train geometry off a bit so check it. You might already know this but just wanted to give a heads up.

I would stay away from the cheap ones on ebay. The stainless ones have been known to weld them selves to the shaft (metal on metal, not enough oil) and cheap aluminum is kind of scary.

The best street roller rockers are the Comp Cam Magnum series. They only come in 1.5 though.

I would stay away from the cheap ones on ebay. The stainless ones have been known to weld them selves to the shaft (metal on metal, not enough oil) and cheap aluminum is kind of scary.

The best street roller rockers are the Comp Cam Magnum series. They only come in 1.5 though.

Gee thanks..... I feel real good now.

Atleast I did admit where they are made. Over $500 for rockers is out of my budget right now. :sad11:

I have seen some stainless on ebay that have the bushings so they are not stainless on stainless. Would these be ok?

I have seen some stainless on ebay that have the bushings so they are not stainless on stainless. Would these be ok?

The aluminum ones I have have roller bearings in the middle to roll on the shafts. I would consider these before the bushing type. The ones you are talking about might be what Adam has said where a bad deal. But then I have seen others say they wouldn't have the rockers with the roller bearings because they might come apart and fall down in the motor so I really don't know. Seems to me its a catch twenty two.

Comp Cams magnum roller rockers..$450.00 a little pricey but well worth the money spent,and they come with the shafts.been running them for 2 seasons,very happy with them...Don;t think i'd trust $136.00 Chinese made ones,but thats just me..........

the crane gold 1.5 ratio has worked very well in a solid roller street car for years, no issues whatsoever :happy3:

the crane gold 1.5 ratio has worked very well in a solid roller street car for years, no issues whatsoever :happy3:

I was just going to start a separate thread asking about the Crane golds. Can you give us your engine/cam specs and vehicle use (ie. street, street/strip, etc.)?

I'm using Crane gold 1.6 ratio rockers in my Ramcharger's 360, here's some basic specs:

Compression: 10.2:1

Heads: mid 80's 360 head with the air injection ports drilled, tapped and stainless hex long set screws spun in then ground down to match the port. 1.60 exhaust and 2.02 intake with a mild home port job (pocket port) and 3 angle valve job. Springs recommended by Crane for the cam and set to the recommended installed height.

Cam: Crane H-272-2, 216 and 228 degrees duration @ .050 lift, .454 and .480 lift with a 1.5 rocker, .484 and .512 lift with a 1.6 rocker. This is ground a 112 degree lobe center. This is Crane's description: GOOD IDLE, DAILY USAGE AND OFF ROAD, TOWING, PERFORMANCE AND FUEL EFFICIENCY, 2600-3000 CRUISE RPM, 8.75 TO 10.5 COMPRESSION RATIO ADVISED. BASIC RPM 2000-5000.

I would like to see 350 hp and a nice wide torque band with this set up.

mine's a 340 .20 over,factory steel crank, eagle rods,ross 10.5/1,eddy heads w/ k-motion valve springs,herbert solid roller 604/603--262/268 @ .50,m1 intake,holley 780 dp,,,,,,727 w/ 4500 dynamic, and 4.89s on spool in 60 runs great on high octane w/ 36 degrees total timing @ 3000 rpm

i have them also no problems at all with first a custom ground big solid roller 630lift and about 280degres of duration at 0.050 for a a few years
and then this last summer with a small litle comp cams xr280r sollid roller daily driving it all around town.. 11.9:1compression 340 ported eddy heads and with 3200rpm stall

T & D roller rocker arms,they cost $$$ last set you will ever buy!!

-
Back