roller rockers!

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
ok i am looking at getting a set of roller rockers but looking at distributers and there seems to be less options now for 440.
looks like crane cams stoped selling the (golds) for 440?
whats out there in the affordable range?

ok i am looking at getting a set of roller rockers but looking at distributers and there seems to be less options now for 440.

None of the good ones are cheap at this point but look at comp cam and Hughes roller assemblies. I'm going to Hughes I think next year.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/rolrocpac.html

Terry

yah seems that crane golds no longer are made for 440's
By cheap im saying not 7-900$$ haa
i think average set is about 4-500 now which is only a 100 more then they used to be like cranes...
i think ill look into either hughes or the comps

I just installed a set of Hughes rockers on my freinds 340. Very nice. Great quaility. I also have a set to install on my 360 this winter.

I bought a set of the Pro Forms from Summit. They were pretty cheap, and the quality was poor. wound up sending them back. I think they were $249 with the shafts, but you get what you pay for!

www.4secondsflat.co sells racer brown RR with aluminum spacers - no more nylon. They are as good as Crane golds and you can get them in 1.6/1.5 combo ratios for a little more lift and torque.

Do ya really need roller rockers? If you are not running a huge cam and turning lots of rpm, rollers are not really needed. I have run the Isky 1604's and never saw any excessive guide wear. I'm pretty sure they don't produce these anymore but have found them on Ebay and at swap meets before and the last set I bought, they were only 100 bucks and still in the box new. These were several hundred many years ago....and and after doing a search, Summit has a 1604 listed for 389.00 but there's no pic. I ran them on a 440 with a 660 lift roller, shifting at 6900 and crossing at nearly 7300 rpm...

I dont know if these r junk or not , never seen a set or anything, you just asked about cheap roller rockers. In one of the newer mopar rags theres an ad for prw roller rockers, 299 for aluminum and 337 for stainless. Heres the web addy:
www.PRW-USA.com Like I said I dont now anything about them for all I know they bought all the stock off of the guys that were selling them on ebay a while ago and are reselling them so be wary.
Jr

search for Dove rockers. I believe they are made in Ohio and they make rockers for some of the other companies.
Ive been running a used set for 3 years.

-
Back