Roller tip rockers?

-

cerberus

Reaction score
Alright guys and gals, probably abit of a dumb question but I can't seem to find any definitive answers online. I'm currently building a 318 with a set of milled 360 596 heads, mostly because it's cheaper for me to get the 360 heads milled down to desired cc than fitting larger valves in my old 675's. With milling the heads i'd feel alot more comfortable with some adjustment in the rockers and ideally roller tips for less friction in the valve train but to make it more budget friendly do aftermarket rockers fit the standard rocker shaft or do you have to buy the entire kit with shafts.

Thanks

Alright guys and gals, probably abit of a dumb question but I can't seem to find any definitive answers online. I'm currently building a 318 with a set of milled 360 596 heads, mostly because it's cheaper for me to get the 360 heads milled down to desired cc than fitting larger valves in my old 675's. With milling the heads i'd feel alot more comfortable with some adjustment in the rockers and ideally roller tips for less friction in the valve train but to make it more budget friendly do aftermarket rockers fit the standard rocker shaft or do you have to buy the entire kit with shafts.

Thanks
Yes they fit factory rocker shafts, but most come with shafts already.

Hughes Engine's & Mancini got u covered - if u want new shafts
Member ( Rocket ) sales some very nice ones.

If budget is a concern, just use the stock rockers and measure for the correct length pushrods. The rollers are a great upgrade, but they have to be set up right, which means relocating the shafts. That adds to the cost and makes the rollers less budget friendly, especially when you could make the stockers right with just a set of pushrods. If you insist on the roller rockers, I can set you up with a combo that will be reliable and relatively budget friendly.

-
Back