round top rad

-
u s rad was only place I used to get from, done it direct in past, I emailed them other day but no answer, maybe not sellin direct anymore, I see them in year one etc for like $320 for /6 rad!??? wow!! hard to find old one that doesn't require re core.

Take your old rad to a local shop and ask them if it can be cleaned and reused. Maybe after they remove the bottom tank and rod it? Should be cheap. If not, then ask them about recoring it.

u s rad was only place I used to get from, done it direct in past, I emailed them other day but no answer, maybe not sellin direct anymore, I see them in year one etc for like $320 for /6 rad!??? wow!! hard to find old one that doesn't require re core.

If you buy from YearOne and may wait one year before it arrives.

Take your old rad to a local shop and ask them if it can be cleaned and reused. Maybe after they remove the bottom tank and rod it? Should be cheap. If not, then ask them about recoring it.

Xs2

back years ago when I was workin on these things year one was my last choice, due to price. had discount if bought in volume. my experience is if rad had been full of antifreeze, it might clean out, if dry all ya had was tanks, recore probably pleanty high, i'm still goin to try to call us rad. BILL

I haven't seen any round-tops new. The main reason to keep one is historical accuracy, which requires rebuilding a used one. I think shops might still be able to get the cores, so the tanks and brackets are the essential old parts. If you have the metal shroud, that is worth a lot.

Radiator shops have told me, and it has been my experience, that the round-tops have an endemic problem with the upper seam splitting. One shop said they install an internal brace to help avoid that. If you don't mind a later square-top, they are better. I have one for a ~72 Dart in my 65 Dart.

If you want the best of the best,look up. Glen-Ray Radiators.
He will rebuild your original back to NOS condition.

I went to two local shops and they told me they couldn't get the round type manifold cores anymore, the company that produced them went out of business. That's how I ended up with a Champion radiator.

i did get ahold of u s rad. since no dealers anywhere near me, can order NEW round top, repro for very fair peice with state sales tax number. quite possible for less than recore job. they don't make every width but did have for instance /s or sb 17 1/2 x 22. can make 2,3, or 4 core. i've had their rad years ago and they were new and like new!

-
Back