RTE Voltage Limiter install for 65 Dart

-
Yes the IVR can be mounted anywhere you choose but must be chassis grounded. Out of the IVR is 5 volts. You must add a wire for it since you dont have one. What color the wire casing is makes no difference. It should go to the fuel gauge post at top center, not the 12 volt post, not the sender post. If that post has a odd metal clip instead of a nut, the wire can be put on the temp gauge stud that is on the same printed circuit. The printed circuit will carry 5 volts back to the fuel gauge. Lets try to not make this more complicated.

Yes the IVR can be mounted anywhere you choose but must be chassis grounded. Out of the IVR is 5 volts. You must add a wire for it since you dont have one. What color the wire casing is makes no difference. It should go to the fuel gauge post at top center, not the 12 volt post, not the sender post. If that post has a odd metal clip instead of a nut, the wire can be put on the temp gauge stud that is on the same printed circuit. The printed circuit will carry 5 volts back to the fuel gauge. Lets try to not make this more complicated.
Ok, thanks much. That actually sounds somewhat simple and doable.

Finally got around to working on the Dart and hook up the new voltage limiter. So I pull off the fuel gauge face to disable the old point type and find this. I guess I don’t need that new limiter after all. Saves me some time.

Well, I was hoping the limiter was the reason for the low reading fuel gauge. Oh well, must be something else.

View attachment 1715704613
I had researched that before and I used a 28 Ohm resistor to bench test each of my gauges and they all went to half point so my gauges were all good. My fuel tank unit is bad. I will drop it after I get the dash cluster and wiring finished

-
Back