Running 6AN Braided Fuel Lines

-

stop the beast

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm going to be running 6AN bradied stainless lines for feed and return. Anyone have a good tip on getting them through or around the front sub-frame? I didn't want to go under the sub-frame since this will be mostly a street car.

I was thinking about putting a few holes in the subframe and using some moly tubing inside of them to re-enforce the holes and allow the lines to pass through right near the factory torsion bar mounts. Problem is it might be a tight fit with two lines.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Well you sure don't want to run the line under the sub frame. That would be asking for trouble. Drilling the frame rail and welding in a tube should work, it won't compromise the strength of the frame that way. It just sure sounds like alot of work to just run a fuel line. But I don't know what the set up looks like sooo... But anyway good luck, hope you get it worked out RTR

Your inclination to install a tube through the sub frame is probably the best solution. Using some small rectangular tube, to stack the two lines one above the other, would give you the smallest intrusion through the sheet metal. I would do this right where the stock fuel line pass through is. Be sure to round the edges of the opening and support the lines on both sides of the tube with rubber cushioned (Adel) clamps to prevent chaffing the lines.

-
Back