"rusty ol cuda" nightmare on any street wheelstander project

-
ok got to fixin on the passenger side body work...talk about havin my work cut out for me, had an old dart fender and the lower was in good shape so I cut that sucker off and it looked like the perfect replacement part....wrong....ok ...make it fit is my motto turns out the plymouth lower is 3/4" longes so had to break out the metal stretcher and the flanging pliars...oh rats camera is out in shop with the other pic's on it...I'll post em up later...it's pouring down rain

Attachments

• uggleeside 007.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 744
  • uggleeside 009.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 724
  • uggleeside 005.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 732
  • uggleeside 003.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 736
  • uggleeside 002.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 752
  • uggleeside 001.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 741
  • uggleeside 013.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 735
  • uggleeside 015.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 738
  • uggleeside 010.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 769
FYI, the Hemi under glass had an upside down pumpkin so the pinion entered from the top. Probably not real good for pinion lubrication, but it worked for the 1/4....That would be a cool set up on a Rampage too!

we tryed every possible way to get the thing to have three forward gears and one reverse so this is what worked in theory...havent tested it yet but did start wiring the car to be fired yesterday as i'm sick of doing body work for now, got the cooling system plumbed and got the pickup tibe and fittings welded to the new fuel tank and gonna get that mounted and plumbed as I can then continue on with getting her fired up and moving around under her own power...then back to body repair and stat making floors and firewalls for her and buttoning up the details as I go
FYI, the Hemi under glass had an upside down pumpkin so the pinion entered from the top. Probably not real good for pinion lubrication, but it worked for the 1/4....That would be a cool set up on a Rampage too!

holy sh*t Curtis, that is really moving along nicely. the flares look great, i bet you cant wait to drive it around the yard. looking badass !

wow...just wow...man waggs, you have some serious skill. and you are fast...i wich u lived closer, i could really use the help...or some teaching....

gittin closer to firing her up, needs battery and cables, mount fuel tank and run the line's and one wire, tranny dipstick and fluid some exhaust pipes....

Attachments

• cudaprogress 014.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 697
  • cudaprogress 013.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 683
  • cudaprogress 011.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 699
  • cudaprogress 008.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 690
  • cudaprogress 004.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 715
  • cudaprogress 003.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 690
  • cudaprogress 002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 692
heres some more pic's cooling system lines and fuel cell and finally some wiring

Attachments

• cudaprogress 029.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 690
  • cudaprogress 028.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 697
  • cudaprogress 027.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 703
  • cudaprogress 026.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 692
  • cudaprogress 025.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 693
  • cudaprogress 020.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 680
  • cudaprogress 017.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 673
  • cudaprogress 016.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 677
  • cudaprogress 015.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 696
Curtis,Are you using flange pliers when doing your patches.You really need to start another thread some day on patch panels for people less skilled in bodywork ...like me.
Looks like I am having to do mine myself.
Love the car and can not wait to see it run!!!

folowing your build closely like all others can hardly wait to see it finished with front wheels up high dragging its rear down the strip sandy

Yepp I borrowed my neighbors flanging pliars (vise grips) to do the filler patch on the fender, the rest has been just tack welding meta i formed or robbed from another car onto this thing...may not be the best restoration work but it will carry me to the scene of the CrAsH!!!!!...makin patches ain't all that hard, Kinda like plumbing it has simple instructions hot on the left cold on nthe right and **** runs down hill...patch panels is more like...cut it to fit tack it in,anything thats too high beat it down anything that's too low beat it up and if that dont work.......filler!!!!....I'm kinda treatin this like a race car cuz there is a chance it could get crashed....I did put some metal in everywhere it needed but didn't look to make perfect patches but yet did add the strength for longevity...the fender flares i took off were made of 1/4" steel the pop riveted on and fiberglassed into place and they have been on there since 1975 with all the bondo and glass it's amazing how long it lasted, i'm using duraglass, ospho, direct to metal primer and really cleaning up the bad stuff where I can so it' should last for some time...the car was in pretty bad shape I still have to do some repairs to the passenger side rocker and drivers frint framerail.today I got the car completely wired but I guess I picked out a starter that wasn't any good even though it tested good so tomorrow she gets a new starter and install the rocker arms and pushrods and an oil pressure line and she's ready to start when I get the fuel tank mounted and hooked up....all the systems I hooked up for the electric is a go...spark....power to the starter,fuel pump and the electric fan and gauge lighting and tachometer work, small water leak needs teflon tape, trans needs speedometer gear o ring...the rest looks good and got most of the parts to install the disck brakes on the rear but haven't mocked any of that up yet....got started on making the firewall today and tinkered with several other Lil' do dad's....
Curtis,Are you using flange pliers when doing your patches.You really need to start another thread some day on patch panels for people less skilled in bodywork ...like me.
Looks like I am having to do mine myself.
Love the car and can not wait to see it run!!!

Attachments

• cuda metal work 011.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 641
  • cuda metal work 010.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 645
  • cuda metal work 009.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 659
  • cuda metal work 008.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 634
  • cuda metal work 007.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 652
  • cuda metal work 006.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 669
  • cuda metal work 005.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 676
  • cuda metal work 004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 645
Where is the fuel tank going to be on this beast?

ok a lot of lil' stuff got done and some BIG Stuff also...fuel tank mounted and hooked up fan and fuel pump switches, accelerator cable, oil pressure line and a bunch of other little stuff Big stuff consists of everything I did so far has been tested except brakes and steering....but they work...transmission has been sitting around for like 5 years or so...was kinda skeptical about using it before a rebuild but needed it for mock up...well the dang thing work's!!!!!!!! so you know what the other big thing is now...I Fired the engine today! she moved under her own power.......https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150995120737021

Attachments

• itisalive 008.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 581
  • itisalive 007.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 598
  • itisalive 006.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 589
  • itisalive 005.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 594
  • itisalive 003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 601
  • itisalive 002.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 613
  • itisalive 001.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 607
  • itisalive 009.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 598
It's incredible watching your progress and that bad to the bone fuel tank is priceless :cheers:

it's funny, i bought that for a friend of mines rat rod pickup truck and went over there and had to begg to buy it back loL....it fits!!!!!!!!
It's incredible watching your progress and that bad to the bone fuel tank is priceless :cheers:

Damn Curtis,a Helluva lot further along than when I saw it last !!! All I can say is WOW !!! Have to make another road trip to check it out again !! Keep up the awesome work !! Can't wait to see the finished product !!

Looking good Curtis!

Is there anything that you can't make with your hands???

You've got talent. Keep it up.

I like the "Joe Dirt" foot gas pedal.... LOL!

How in the world do you progress so quickly? This is amazing work and the first time I've seen a build of a wheelstander. I'm keeping the popcorn nearby for this little show! Keep up the great work!

Nice project, I'm glad that someone is kinda recreating the HEMI under glass...good luck:prayer:
You are making probably the quickest progress I've seen on something so radically custom

WOW Is all i can say!! this has to be the coolest street rod i have ever seen! I cant imagine the amount of work involved. Awesome job!!

-
Back