S/S Springs w/ B-Body 8-3/4" What Shocks to Use?

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
What shocks should I get to use with SS Springs and a B-Body 8 3/4 on a '72 Dart? They need to be longer than factory A Body shocks, correct?

Thanks,
Jon

Maybe someone w/ access to a chassis manual can take a look for you, but I believe the shocks need to be longer than 28.5" from eye to eye when fully extended to ensure they dont max out during launch. I'd look it up for you, but I'm deployed and don't have access to any of my manuals.

I've never used them, but if your current shocks are not long enough, some people run shock extenders which I believe lengthen the shock 2"-3". All they are is some brackets and bushings that attach to the shock mounts and then to your shocks to make them a little longer. I'd ask others before running them since I don't know how they perform.

the best shocks are qa1, they are 12 way adjustable. you can get mp long shocks also or you can pick up a pair of 70's new yorker shocks. even the 70-80's pick-up trucks will work.

I bought a set of B Body shocks to try, but it appears as though their top mount is different than on the A Bodies. Instead of it fitting over the stud it's smaller like it uses a through-bolt instead. According to rockauto the part number crosses to the New Yorker as well.
Any ideas? Do you have to put a new bushing in the top of the shock that has a bigger eye in it?
Thanks,
Jon

-
Back