Sad Reality....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
There's NO WAY my car will be ready for Carlisle this year. No way. Even if I quit my job and pay people to help me. No way.... And this is the second thing I turned down due to not wanting to rush my car together. The first thing (which I'm NOT at liberty to talk about...) involved a Mopar magazine. This is killing me....

I leave for vacation this Wed. and I don't come home until next Tues. And when's Carlisle? Thought so....

<sigh....> There's always next year.

Its admirable that you are not rushing your car to have it YOUR way no matter what.... Good Job!

Don'y sweat it FASTBACK. It's a lot better to wait and have it right, than to rush and have a POS cause you were in a hurry. You'll get it soon enough!:clock:

Its admirable that you are not rushing your car to have it YOUR way no matter what.... Good Job!

I know.... but it's killing me just the same.
itchy.gif

Right there with ya! Hell I have never even been! Unfortunately I wont have the $$$$ for this year to even head out there. I really hope to make it next year since my Father is moving here this year. I know he'd love it too! Just keep pushing for next year and take pride in the fact that you stuff is done correctly.

Look on the bright side. At least you don't have to wait 2 or 3 months for your chest to heal enough to drive a car. For sure you can make it next year in YOUR car. Don't rush things for an imaginary deadline, you'll regret it. I know it's frustrating but keep plugging away and you'll get there in the style you want.

John,

Not only do we have to deal with the hard mechanics of getting our machines where we want, but we want to fulfill a vision too. This stuff is art, man.

Take your time and do it right. I know it sucks. I'm still not done with the Ramcharger yet and all I can think about is starting on the Duster. Better to wait and let the dream fulfill itself, it'll all turn out much better this way.

It was either Steve Strope from Pure Vision or Troy Trapenier from Rad Rides that was quoted as saying something that stuck with me:

Perfection is NOT impossible.... it just takes time.

I know my car is going to be far from perfect when it's done, but I'm trying to do it as nice as I can. Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I just decided that Leanne has a few more things I need coated, so there's another box of stuff going on vacation to Tenn. for a week or so... then we go on vacation ourselves next week.... I figure I should have everything back and I'll have the time in 2 weeks to get it running. I want all the critics to eye-ball it (especially under the hood...) and smile. Your not going to see tie-wraps and tape holding ANYTHING together on this car.

At least not in plain site.... :-D

John, I know this is a tough one for you, but hang tight. Rushing it would only disappoint you down the line. Next year you can go there with your head held high, with all the last-minute prep crap out of the way and no surprises lurking in the shadows. (I, for one, know the meaning of the word "wait!") Besides, if you quit your job you wouldn't be able to fill the tank to get you there anyway!

-
Back