San Diego Area Assist Request

-

Cartboy67

Reaction score
I am looking to see if there are any FABO members in the San Diego area that may be able and willing to lend me a hand. I recently shipped my 73 Dart to my sons who live in San Diego and they are having an electrical issue that I have been unsuccessful in troubleshooting over the phone/Facetime. My sons are 17 and 18 and have real limited car experience and I am hoping someone may be available in the area to assist.

The car and issue is a 73 Dart /6 with electronic ignition, no fire from the coil. My son told me that he had a somewhat intermittent voltage of just over 10 VDC on the positive coil terminal with the ignition in the run position. I don't know if he didn't maintain a good contact when checking or if it is coming and going. I have sent them the simplified diagrams of the ignition setup but not sure they fully understand how, what and where they need to be checking.

If someone in the area is willing to help, shoot me a PM and I will work with you from there. I appreciate you taking the time to read through.

-
Back