Sandy took my cuda away

-
bad news here on the Jersey Shore Front. ...
I love it here on the beach in Jersey... and I live on the beach...I mean I live ON the beach... 50 paces off the sand...good and bad...

Sandy destroyed my homestead.... took with it my freshly painted doors and fenders for my 65 Barracuda project...and lots of my trim. We had a 5 foot wall of water come through...like nothing we have seen. The house is 90 years old... the foundation crumbled like stale cookies. Took all the precautions, but it wiped out the foundation and garage. I had the pieces 4 feet up on tables. Never saw more than 6 inches of water anywhere in the garage after all the hurricanes... this was the storm of storms... horrible devastation...
now I have to start from scratch with the doors and fenders....luckily the car was stashed away off the beach. Fenders and doors would have been there too but I hafd just got them back....

One thing I just thought of . If the doors and trim were stored inside try going through your home owners insurance for the loss. Just a thought.

Man... I remember coming to get that sway bar from you...

The house looks waaayyy different now.

I was thinking about you and how you came through the storm earlier today.

Glad you and your Barracuda are ok. Sorry to hear about your parts.

Thanks! Everything can be replaced. We got away lucky compared to others. Sea Bright , Mantiloking and Sea Side are destroyed... People died... I lost pictures, memories, things I've collected... But still a lot better off than others

-
Back