-
Status
Not open for further replies.

75 Duster 360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Contact seller
One set of new Mr. Gasket .028" thick gaskets and one set of used Cometic .042" thick gaskets. $50 for one set or $80 for both sets plus shipping from zip code 33570.

IMG_20170815_100940.jpg

IMG_20170815_100930.jpg

Why would anybody buy a used head gasket? For all the work involved in changing one why even take a chance.

The Cometic gaskets are made to be reused. Depending on which Cometic gaskets you buy, they can cost up to $170 for ONE gasket. Now you can see why they are reused. I know a few local guys that drag race their small block strokers with high compression ratios and they reuse these gaskets numerous times and saves them much money.

The Mr. Gasket head gaskets are brand new. The part number is 2100G if I'm not mistaken. The Cometic gaskets are used but they are made to be reused.

I would think that the thickness would change when assembled. But thanks for the info on reusable gaskets.

Bore on the Cometics? An inexpensive dial caliper will give you the measurement.

Bore on the Cometics? An inexpensive dial caliper will give you the measurement.
I don't know the bore size of either set and have loaned out (never to see again) my dial calipers. They came off of a 360 that was bored .030"over for a 4.03" bore. They could be anywhere from 4.030" to 4.100".

I would suggest just useing your tape, I got 4 & 1/16" yesterday on my cometics which is plenty accurate enough for a gasket bore dimention measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back