-
Status
Not open for further replies.

sport74

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
So I have myself in quite a pickle...... I am in dire need of 2 main bolts for a small block...... I stupidly left the originals at a coworkers shop while we assembled the long block. I spent big money on an ARP stud kit just to find out that they are causing interference with the oil pump. ARP's wonderful customer service ( insert severe sarcasm here) says they can't help and I should remove the two on the rear main and reinstall factory bolts......SMH. I'm sure no one will want to break a set so if I have to I'll buy a complete set. Please help!!

20150803_183829.jpg

Thanks! I even called the Dodge dealer looking for them and they are discontinued... Just my luck lol

I love how ARP just throws you under the bus after the sale... :rolleyes:

I thought they had a special stud/ nut for this? This problem has been around for a while if I recall.

this problem has been around for a while now but ARP will say they never herd of it and says there were no complaints but I know of at least 6 people they told this to .

this problem has been around for a while now but ARP will say they never herd of it and says there were no complaints but I know of at least 6 people they told this to .
I called ARP and told the tech rep that I had about a half inch of stand off due to the bolts. He said he had a low profile stud he could send me but if I had that much of a gap, it wouldn't help. Acted like he never heard of it. Then told me to run 2 factory bolts..... Which effectively releases them from any liability too .....

I called ARP and told the tech rep that I had about a half inch of stand off due to the bolts. He said he had a low profile stud he could send me but if I had that much of a gap, it wouldn't help. Acted like he never heard of it. Then told me to run 2 factory bolts..... Which effectively releases them from any liability too .....

You wonder why ARP does not make a copy of the stock main bearing bolt for that and include it in their stud kit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back