Scamp Stance...

-

7milesout

Reaction score
Guys - Maybe a dumb thing to ask, but is there any "standards" on vehicle stance? What I mean is, I like a car to have just a skosh of elevation to the rear … but not much.

I seriously DO NOT LIKE when a vehicle looks high in the front. Like some 60's Moustangs. Some of those cars ride down the road like a boat in a 'No Wake' zone. It looks awful. And some pick-up trucks that have a "leveling kit" look anything but level to me. Too high looking in the front.

I think it looks best when the rear has a reasonable ride height, and the front is just a skosh low. It just looks mean. The Scamp came to me with air shocks, so I can adjust the rear ride height to some degree.

The Scamp is looking a bit too level, so before I go to messing with it, I'm wondering if it has ever been "defined" as to how much angle, front to rear, looks best. Thanks.

7milesout

:lol:

72SwingerBrownBackCoyote.jpg

Looks are in the eyes of the beholder.

You will be looking at it everyday, we will not.

So, put it where it pleases your eyes, ours do not matter.

I seriously DO NOT LIKE when a vehicle looks high in the front. Like some 60's Moustangs. Some of those cars ride down the road like a boat in a 'No Wake' zone. It looks awful. And some pick-up trucks that have a "leveling kit" look anything but level to me. Too high looking in the front.

I think it looks best when the rear has a reasonable ride height, and the front is just a skosh low. It just looks mean. The Scamp came to me with air shocks, so I can adjust the rear ride height to some degree.

The Scamp is looking a bit too level, so before I go to messing with it, I'm wondering if it has ever been "defined" as to how much angle, front to rear, looks best. Thanks.
7milesout

Totally personal preference. In defense of Mustangs (my wife is an enthusiast but not I), clapped out leaf springs are usually to blame - the front coils seem to last forever, so the car tends to sag in the rear first.

In the 70s - 80s I was one of the air shock guys. Now, I usually prefer a level, but slightly lowered stance. But I think the A-bodies look really good with a slight rake from back to front.

-
Back