Schumacher mounts, any issues?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Was thinking of using their slant 6 to V8 for my swap. Do you lose any height? Was thinking this because I want to run a performer rpm and stock 340 air cleaner assembly. Otherwise are they good to go?

I did the /6 to V8 on the spool type mounts (74 Duster). Worked good, but I have manifolds so I don't know if they would have caused headers any problems.

I too will be running manifolds. 340 drivers side magnum passenger.
What car? If it's the biscuit style mounts, you can get those adapting mounts off of ebay for about 65 bucks.

That gets you a spool type mount that way right? That's a better style right?

That gets you a spool type mount that way right? That's a better style right?
Spool type is stronger, less likely to "let go" in my opinion. I don't think they are as easy when pulling motors, though. Again, my opinion.
Yes, Schumacher has the right motor mounts you need. They sell mounts for just about anything you want to put in your car.

Used them on my 67 Barracuda they fit better than the factory mounts in my opinion

supposed to set them original height
My 76 with Schumacher /6 to V8 mounts. Plenty of room.

IMG_2043 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2032 (Medium).JPG

I too will be running manifolds. 340 drivers side magnum passenger.
Just curious why the difference between manifolds? I am running 1973 340 exhaust manifolds on my mild build 360 that replaced my 340.

I just did this. 71 dart, schumacher sandwich mounts, 360. Driver's side 340 manifold and passenger side magnum manifold. Everything fit fine, but I used bolts and new cone washers instead of studs for all manifold bolts.

-
Back