schumaker creative service headers

-
Lot's of folks use them (including me). They solve some issues when doing BB swaps into A-Body cars. They perform quite well, especially on a street driven car, at the expense of a few 10th's in the quarter mile. Fitment is excellent. A good step up from stock manifolds, unless you need a full length, big tube header.

I've got these in my 76 Duster with 383 with Power Steering. Best purchase I made along with Schumacher mounts. The engine swap from 340 to 383 was so easy. Worth every cent.

They still have the BS claim about wrapping frame and suspension?

I'll add that my experience is with their BB headers. Cannot comment on the SB units.

I considered them, My inquiring revealed they are not 4 speed/clutch linkage friendly and must have a costly modification in order to work on 4 speed cars with stock linkage. They actually recommend using a hydraulic clutch. With the modification costs, they are quite a bit more than TTI's or Doug's.

I modified my Schumacher's myself. It was very easy and only cost me around 30$. It would have been a lot cheaper if I hadn't had to order in a J tube which cost 14 bucks to buy and 14 bucks to ship.

Rod

I modified my Schumacher's myself. It was very easy and only cost me around 30$. It would have been a lot cheaper if I hadn't had to order in a J tube which cost 14 bucks to buy and 14 bucks to ship.

Rod

IIRC,Schumacher recommends the modification be made by Accurate Exhaust Products. To do otherwise will most likely void their warranty. Most of us do not possess the skill, tools and equipment to do the modification. rklein, I remember seeing a post here not long ago showing the modification made to a Schumacher drivers side header, it was a very nice job. Was that yours?

Russ

IIRC,Schumacher recommends the modification be made by Accurate Exhaust Products. To do otherwise will most likely void their warranty. Most of us do not possess the skill, tools and equipment to do the modification. rklein, I remember seeing a post here not long ago showing the modification made to a Schumacher drivers side header, it was a very nice job. Was that yours?

Russ

That was me. I wasn't aware of any warranty for the headers. Wouldn't have made any difference because I bought them knowing I was going to cut them up.

I think the average guy could do this with minimal tools. A cheapo Harbor freight 4 inch grinder with a cut off wheel would work just fine to cut the header. You could mark up where to weld it and take it to someone who has a welder. Maybe a local college that teaches welding. Just a thought. Fortunately, I have amassed quite a few tools, always want more though!

-
Back