Scored and saved more parts...

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
So a couple swap meet buds of mine and I were called out to go look at a old school bus converted to storage container full of motors and transmissions that a old guy was wanting to be rid of... well... nothing there really worth picking up... mostly Furd and Shevy junk. Anyways, it just so happened that this old guy had a mobile home on his property that was gutted out and completely full of car parts..... I mean.... full. Mostly odds and ends but piles and piles of stainless and chrome trim all marked and bundled. Then we found a room completly full of vintage dashes... 1930's through 60's all makes and models. WOW.... So we are overwhelmed and feeling quite like the "pickers" from tv.... we get back outside and stacked along side the mobile home is approx 30 car doors (most from 2 door models) dating from the early 40's through 1960 or so.... all in pretty dang nice shape. Double wow.... well long story short... after some negotiation.. we picked ALL of it up and are starting the sorting process. There wont be much that will excite many on the Abody site here as most this stuff is Vintage. However we will be hitting the Portland Oregon Swap meet and a few others locally and selling the good stuff off. The best thing about all this stuff that has been held hostage.... is that we saved it and its going to be avail for recycling ... thats why I do this .... awesome.... will post pics of the stuff soon.... stay tuned...

-RPM

Hey RPM congratulations on the find. Wish you the best of luck in finding good homes for it. I will be going to the Portland Swap Meet as well. Do you have stall numbers? Would like to stop by your booth and say hi. Let me know.
~Michael

Congratulations RPM :cheers: And a big thank you for saving these part's, I am sure there will be some happy faces when they see your stash you found to be recycled :rock:

Don't matter what make or model they all is, what matters is that you're saving it from the ravages of time and gettin' it into the hands of people who can use it!! Kudos RPM, hope you scored big time!! Geof

Hey guys.. thanks.... we started to just unload the full size truck bed that was full to the top of all the trim peices.... oh man.... thats a lot of bright trim.....lots and lots of old late 40's and early to mid 50's dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto trim.... and furd, Shevy, Pontiac, and the list goes on....
It was too dark to start taking pictures... The trailer is still copletely loaded with dashes, dash frames etc.... over 60 of them..1930's and up through late 50's and such... Going to sure take some work to catalog and price all this... hahaha..

Pics will prob come in a few days when I can get back to it...

-RPM

Is it possible to get pictures of the Mopar trim from the 50's or maybe list part numbers? I would be interested, thanks!

any 1940's Dodge Truck parts in there?

If so let me know, I'm always looking for parts for my '48

Well we have been sorting through the trailers full of car parts... its really insane how much there is. We started sorting and marking trim. Some include complete sets to '52 pontiac cheiftons, complete old jaguar trim, packard, lots of '51 thru '54 Ford, lots of '40s and '50s Plymouth and Dodge trim...loads of chevy stuff too.... sheesh.. thats just the trim !
You can also see we have some vintage window frame boxes, a model A trunk carriage, and loads of other fun stuff. Then the dashes.... sheesh.... basically all makes and models ranging from 1925 through the late 1960's.
The pics are just showing what we have been sorting though and cataloging.... there is still over 60 vintage doors and more...... trying to get some of the better stuff ready for swap meets. If anyone is looking for some 1940s and up trim let me know... we might have it..

Enjoy the pics.... more to come too

P1060258.jpg

P1060259.jpg

P1060260.jpg

P1060261.jpg

P1060262.jpg

-RPM

How do you even start ID'ing the trim pieces? they could be from anything! That blue dash looks...bright blue!

well lucky for us a lot of the trim was already marked. So we are playing the matching game with the stuff that is not. The trim that is shown there is only what we were sorting..the already marked stuff was in about 5 different barrels...hahaha....takes loads of computer time and research, but there is some great stuff in the lot. When we get it more sorted and such I will take more pics. We have all the doors at another location momentarily.... wil get pics of those when they arrive.... swap meets are coming toooo fast now ! haha

-RPM

Cudos to you guys for saving this stuff!
At least it will get used instead of scrapped, which it probably would have been eventually.
You'll be putting some bucks in your pockets for your trouble too!
Win win situation.

-
Back