Sealing a SixPack Hood to the Carb

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
Could someone please show me some pic's of sealing an AAR products Fiberglass hood to the carb for a true ram air setup? I really appreciate it. Or if anybody has any suggestions or experience with this type of setup?

Thanks,
Darren

Here's what I made

100_1960engine.jpg

Last one. Here's how I did it: The small metal ring was made by a friend and is a take off from the plastic one that you can buy from Moroso. Moroso has a few different heights you can get, I got the 2" and cut it down to where I needed it. That sits on the carb, then I have a flat air cleaner base which sits on top of the metal ring (for stability of the fiberglass base plate), then the re-pro shaker base sits on top of that, then the air cleaner assembly. The lid was one of those un-silenced types which I cut the sides off to use just the top. Hope all this helps you out!! Greg.- As I posted on the other site, I used 2x2" AC sealer foam, set playdoh on the base plate, shut the hood and measured how thick I needed the foam all the way around, then cut it down. I have the Moroso foam which I will use next year and there will be only one seam as the store bought AC foam came in specific lengths

101_0693.jpg

I got the baseplate from Year One about 5-6 years ago and as far as improvement in the 1/4 mile, I dont know as I have changed a lot of things including the hood setup. But you know fresh air is always good and if you have a 6 Pak hood why not utilize it. Greg

I got the baseplate from Year One about 5-6 years ago and as far as improvement in the 1/4 mile, I dont know as I have changed a lot of things including the hood setup. But you know fresh air is always good and if you have a 6 Pak hood why not utilize it. Greg

Did you find the baseplate under the B/E body? I found a baseplate similar but isnt the same. Also how much was the item

I have a yellow cover catalog and I dont see it in there and im wondering if they stopped making that piece. The one I think you are looking at is for the 4 barrel air grabber B-Body cars. You can use that one, and since I noticed I forgot to mention that I had my friend at the body shop make the hole in the hood smaller, all you have to do is get the base plate ,then measure it out and have a body shop fiberglass the hole smaller. Greg

-
Back