seat belt interlock

-

wayne57

Reaction score
Question for electrical guru's. I have a 74 duster with the one year seat belt interlock system. Presently I have the system bypassed like most people.
What I would like to do is remove the complete system. Wiring, relays, switches, everything. This would eliminate about 10 pounds of garbage. My question. Has anyone done this or has everyone just bypassed the system and left all the relays and wiring in place.
I have a wiring diagram but so many wires interconnect with others I'm nervous about starting on wiring removal. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne

To remove it all, it's more like three pounds. I've had disabled interlock systems on other cars of the era with no ill effects.

IMO, leave as much intact as you can. Wrap open ends of electrical connectors with tape. If you, or a later owner, decides to go for a 100% restoration, all the stuff will be there.

72 Demon, that is basicly what I have done, but I just want to cleanup under the hood and dash. I may just try to find an under hood wiring harness for a 73 Duster or Dart and do it that way.

-
Back